How Much Did You Get Your Es For And Was It A Good Buy

Got our '96 ES300 for $2700--293k. Test drove, felt and sounded good. Looked over by two [highly recommended and reliable] mechanics--both gave it a "thumbs up".

Engine light came on, but after changing over gasoline hasn't been on since. Only issues some cracks and minor rips in front seats, CD Changer doesn't work [stuck],

fog lights didn't work [fixed--bulb replacement], low beams weren't bright enough [fixed--bulb replacement, but could be brighter IMO--projector dome appears

"heavily clouded"], display cluster has several lights out [just need to install replacement (LED) bulbs]. Nonetheless, it accelerates very well, rides smoooooth

and brakes better than other vehicles we have which have under 100k on them. Enjoying the ride so far.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1992 ES 300, about 200,000 miles. 5 speed. $630 (one of the power window motors is shot, the speedometer is inaccurate, and the brakes suck.) It has a new engine and clutch though. :)

I made my profile picture the one of my car, but it isn't showing up...

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a 93 ES with 159k for $500. A co-worker of mine who is also the original owner said he was tired of spending money on it after the headgaskets went out. He gave me receipts for all the work he has had done over the years like the timing, water pump, axles, brakes, rotors, calipers, and radiator. I took the heads to a machine shop so they could be rebuilt and have a neighbor that is a mechanic doing the labor. It was re-assembled today but didn't start. This weekend I plan on making sure the gas tank is cleaned out so I hope nothing is messed up. The body and interior is great. I will add a picture or two at a later date. Also the gauges are dim so I will have to find out how to fix it.

2003 ES 300 with 111,800 miles for $9,900 last month. The previous owners had done within the past six months, new timing belt, water pump, rear brakes, battery, spark plugs, tires, and drive belt. It only came with one key, so we need to get another one. So far we are enjoying the car.