How Much Did You Get Your Es For And Was It A Good Buy

I bought my '93 about a year ago. It had about 150k miles and was in excellent running condition except for a small dent in the right front fender. The origianl owner had kept all the receipts including the window sticker, service records and work done on it since new. It totaled to over $40k in the course of the 13 years he owned it. I bought this car for only $4300! This is the main reasons I alway buy use cars and look for these kinds of deals. I have been very blessed in all my cars that I bought so far. Most of the deal have been pretty good but this one was the best.

really?? 40k? thats like 250 a month... since new. wow.

Yep, sticker price was about $31k tax/license not included and the service/repair receipts all added up to over $11k. I'm planning on driving this car to to ground and hopefully will cost me only $50 a month to own... :cheers:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought 2 weeks ago for $959.59 canadian from an insurance companies stolen recovery auction.. the car is a `92 and has 254000 K. The black leather interior is very good with no leather tears or much noticable wear . trans was replaced @ 185000k and the timing belt was done @ 212000k. this is according to service records in the vehicle.

• 2 months later...

Bought my 99 ES300 for $9k a month ago, with just over 130,000 miles. Scared my wife to spend that kind of money on a car with that many miles, but kbb on it was over 11k. Everything works perfectly, except for some reason one rear door doesn't lock and unlock with the rest of them (the reason I found this forum in the first place, as well as how to program the garage door opener, which didn't work by following the owner's manual directions). Now I have 3 vehicles, all with over 100,000 miles - 95 Volvo 850 turbo wagon with 193,000; 70 Mustang convertible with 115,000 (an ongoing project, but very drivable) and this one.

I feel bad now, seeing all the deals everyone else got, but I'll hold off judgment on whether this was a good deal or not until a few more years have passed. If I get a quarter million out of it without tremendous additional expense, given how it rolls down the road (and I'm getting 26 mpg normally) sleek and silent, I'll be very happy.

bought a '90 es250 with toasted engine (168k miles, found a bad rod bearing, block was crap when we disassembled it) for $600 at the end of june. total cost after accounting for repairs already completed and pending will be in the $2000 range.

How about a 1994 ES300, $1,000. My boss felt sorry for me driving a 1984 rusty Chrysler LeBaron.

Only had Lexus service, from the timing belt, to the battery, to oil changes. Sweet ride. Some blemishes on the doors, the paint on the hood has road pits, and a bit of a scrape on the left door, but from where I sit I don't see em. 105,000 on the odometer.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Got my 93 Es300 from a distant friend back in April/May of 07. paid $1000 for it.

the body is alright. got scratch/dent on the passenger door.

the driver seat stiches is ripped. there are coffee stain on the driver carpet.

The needles were burnt. and most of all, it was about 168k miles.

dont know much of it's history.

Well, my mechanic said the timing belt would last another year or so...

Just changed the tranny fluid and the oil. been driving it.. mainly on weekend.

but recently discover that the power steering pump or the hose of the ps is leaking.

hence making the whinning noise when turning the wheel and got funny smell (from the fluid evaporating)

14 days ago, Out The Door price as $7294 for a 98 ES300 with 112k miles. Looks nice and drives really smooth. Looks brand spanking new for a 10 years old. Back bumper was backed up against a pole by original owner which I was able to leverage during negotiation. Asking was $6995, Wind up paying $300 more after tax and title/tag. Yeah I sux at negotiating, but I was able to tell them I ain't paying no BS fees, i.e. $299 documentation fee and $169 for vehicle protection program (window's etching). Yeah, I should've demanded the OTD price at $6995. carfax is clean though.

97 ES 300 w/111k $5,800 90k service was done. However, I did have to replace front brakes and rotors, radio display, spare key and remote. I did the work myself all for $300.00. Exterior 8.5 out of 10 interior 9 out of 10. The clear coat is peeling off of the wheels and two of them are curbed, but the fromt tires are new continential conti-contact. If anyone in the tristate has oem wheels I'm interested. eqm11866@comcast.net

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q13/sub...byShower105.jpg

Got my 97 for 13,500 in 04 with 91,000 and they did the 90,000 maint. on it, Just love it, Got 106,000 on it now. Excellent cond. color Two tone gray, Salesman called it Sage.Cars in San Diego cost more, Must be a Paradise thing. Carfax one owner, Excellent.

I'm looking at buying a '02 ES300 with what appears to be no problems except it needs new tires, the windshield needs repair, and the front door driver's lock does not work with the remote or the switch. The vehicle is for my wife. The dealership will put in a new windshield and fix the driver's door lock. The car has 84k miles on it and is selling for $15.9k. Is this a good deal or not? I sign off on the deal either Monday or Tuesday. Thanks.

Bought my 99 ES300 for $9k a month ago, with just over 130,000 miles. Scared my wife to spend that kind of money on a car with that many miles, but kbb on it was over 11k. Everything works perfectly, except for some reason one rear door doesn't lock and unlock with the rest of them (the reason I found this forum in the first place, as well as how to program the garage door opener, which didn't work by following the owner's manual directions). Now I have 3 vehicles, all with over 100,000 miles - 95 Volvo 850 turbo wagon with 193,000; 70 Mustang convertible with 115,000 (an ongoing project, but very drivable) and this one.

I feel bad now, seeing all the deals everyone else got, but I'll hold off judgment on whether this was a good deal or not until a few more years have passed. If I get a quarter million out of it without tremendous additional expense, given how it rolls down the road (and I'm getting 26 mpg normally) sleek and silent, I'll be very happy.

I am in the same situation as you. I thought I got a decent deal until I started reading this thread. I bought a '98 with 120K this year from the orig owner for $7600. All work was done at the Lexus dealer and car is in great condition except they did not do the 120K service since they were selling it. I am slowly working on changing the fluids and doing that service...

• 3 weeks later...

I found a 03 ES300 with 22,435 miles on it from Lexus of Silver Spring, MD. This is the second Lexus I have owned, I know the GSM and he gave me a great deal including tax, tags and other fess out the door for $21,000. I drive it on the weekends cause my other half drives in to work M-F oh, well! :chairshot:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, this is my first post. Love this forum.

Was going to get a 05 Camry to replace my 01, and found an 05 ES330 on Ebay for 20,000. This one was fully loaded with Heated/Cooled Seats, NAV, Mark Levinson, Rain Sensing, etc. Black interior. Had front end damage, but all panels were replaced and factory matched paint. Car drives great, but the ATX is a bit off alignment and you have to make sure it is in gear. I'm sure it is a simple fix. Car has 32000 miles and is still under factory warranty, despite the salvage title. Some of the electrical wasn't hooked up as the wiring harnesses were broken / missing for the horn, fog lights and signal markers. Basically everything attached to the front bumper needed wire work. Most is fixed after a trip to the junk yard, but still need to work on the ATX and horn.

bought my 99 es in nov 05 for 12k with 70,000 miles just needed tires.

no real maint til this year. $3000 later the car should last til 250k cept tires and pads.

it seems like a lot, but for how much i paid, the 3k isnt much

Hi,

I just joined "The Club" today. And this is my first post.

I have become sick of high gas prices and finally traded my '05 chev. silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

(11mpg on a good day!) That I had Purchased to pull a 34' camper (For Sale!)

and purchased a used 2004 ES 330.

The Silver Beauty is in absolute showroom cond. had 1 prev. owner Who put 30,600 miles on it.

It is LAODED!! nav. mark lev etc......

Clean Carfax/All service done.

Drives like a dream!

All this for $19,900

Who ever said that "Money cant buy you love"?

Bud

:cheers:

New to the club here

purchased a 1999 es300 wednesday of last week, 150k, excellent condition

$1500 cash took it away, it did need 2 tires and a fuel injector replaced which I have already done...

it was a steal, couldnt say no to that!!!!

chris