How Much Did You Get Your Es For And Was It A Good Buy

$11,500

98 ES300 w/ 68k miles

Purchased in Aug 2004 from NJ Toyota Dealership

Black/Ivory (No CD Changer)

Mint Condition inside and out

Had 90k Mile service and regular maintainance. Only defect was in EGR Valve and 1 O2 sensor which occured well after the purchase. Aside from that it's been treating me well. I think I've got like ~120k miles on it now....yes, i enjoy my road trips. :-)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought a 95 es300 with 131K on it. for $2300 Was wrecked and repaired. Has a few issues. Engine light is on. There is something wrong with the air intake, has poor acceleration/ hesitation at times, a little smoke when started, most likely needs gaskets fixed. I think the air intake issue could be the MAF filter, since it has a little trouble starting- Or in the intake manifold itself. Needs tires/struts, engine/trans mounts replaced. I think the past few owners were deadbeats and let the car go. Inside is good everything else works great no rust / dents. Still runs better than most American cars, ha. I think I should have it fixed up for $1K or so. Still a beauty. - Mike

post-30508-1158810205_thumb.jpg

I think we did real good...

We bought our 2000 ES300 in June of '05 for $10K and it had 99950 miles on it. We bought it off eBay and the only thing it needed right off was tires and we knew that when buying it. It was (and is) a beautiful car and has not needed any abnormal maintenance since buying it.

I bought my wifes white '99 ES300 in 2003 for $17,500 with 69,000 or so on it. At the time I thought it was too much, but later figured it was a pretty good deal.

As a matter of fact, I liked the car so much that in July '06, when I was shopping for a new GTO, I ran into a friend whose mother had died and wanted to sell her '01 ES300 for $14,000. Out of curiousity I went to look at it and it only had 37K miles, records of all maintenance, and brand new tires. Even though it hasn't been washed in a few months it was pretty much spotless. I ran down to the bank and bought it.

Since then I bought 17 in. ADR rims, tinted the windows, and installed a wing on back. The brand new 16 in. tires off it when on to my wifes new "Bling!" rims (I'm not a chrome fanatic).

• 1 month later...

Came across this thread while browsing through the forums...

I just bought my 1997 ES300 with 92K mi. It's in a metallic green color, with gold emblems. Tan interior.

The car has never had any major issues/repairs, but I have a feeling a few may be due. The engine runs beautifuly smooth - acceleration is perfect. When I break, the car shakes a bit, and also, the car doesn't seem to be absorbing bumps - I'm not getting that "floating" feeling, bumps feel tight (suspension issue perhaps? struts?).

The exterior is a handful of small, barely noticeable scratches and dings, and a few tiny rust spots around the grill. It could use a waxing, but other than that, the exterior is in great condition.

The interior is in very good condition, though it could use a thorough cleaning. The stero/cd changer work perfectly, but I'm going to replace the faulty radio display (already ordered the part from Pioneer).

Besides these issues, the car runs great, and I have a good feeling it will last me many years.

Based on the issues above, any reccomendations on what repairs/service I should get now?

Oh, and the price? $5,600

How's that for a deal?

Looks like u need your Rotors resurfaced or if thats not possible u will need new ones u can have new ceramic brake pads installed when ur at it.

about the ride it could be anything have it looked at this car isnt a LS so it doesnt have that gliding kinda feel

thanks

the price sounds like a sweet deal

Just bought a 2001 ES300 with 45,000 miles for $16,000. Car is impeccable, all maintenance records and carfax was clean. It's silver / grey leather, HID, CD Changer..etc :P

Used to own a 92 ES dark green. I just love these cars and especially the 2001 being the last of this gen.

John

• 2 months later...

Just bought a 2001 ES300 with 45,000 miles for $16,000. Car is impeccable, all maintenance records and carfax was clean. It's silver / grey leather, HID, CD Changer..etc :P

Used to own a 92 ES dark green. I just love these cars and especially the 2001 being the last of this gen.

John

96 es300 wit 98k miles for $3900, car is spotless and engine runs like new

• 1 month later...

I bought my 2002 for $12,900 with 102,000 miles on it. The dealership that I bought it from just did the 90k tune-up the day before I bought it. The car was in mint condition. It was a deal that I couldn't pass up. :D

Hi all! New club member and new first time lexus owner. Bought my 2001 Es300 less than a month ago with 97,000 for $9,000. So far, best car ive ever had! :D

Any more with that price? In May 2006. brought 2000 ES300 with 61,000 miles at $11,500 out the door. Just need new tires, so far the wife loves it!

• 1 month later...

got my 2000 ES300 a year ago with 98,000 miles on it for $11,000. The price might have been a bit high, but it was from a family member who i knew had taken the car in for maintenance to the dealer very very regularly, probably a little too frequently even (i think oil changes, brake jobs, and routine stuff is better handled by the more economical shops).

it ran perfectly until a couple of days ago. the starter is shot. sears is quoting me $270 for a new one, i don't think that includes installation. so i am taking a breather from driving this weekend while i look for cheaper options. anyone know if it's possible to buy a starter at auto zone and self-install? full disclosure though: i am an idiot, so please offer your opinion keeping that in mind.

I bought my '93 about a year ago. It had about 150k miles and was in excellent running condition except for a small dent in the right front fender. The origianl owner had kept all the receipts including the window sticker, service records and work done on it since new. It totaled to over $40k in the course of the 13 years he owned it. I bought this car for only $4300! This is the main reasons I alway buy use cars and look for these kinds of deals. I have been very blessed in all my cars that I bought so far. Most of the deal have been pretty good but this one was the best.

I bought my '93 about a year ago. It had about 150k miles and was in excellent running condition except for a small dent in the right front fender. The origianl owner had kept all the receipts including the window sticker, service records and work done on it since new. It totaled to over $40k in the course of the 13 years he owned it. I bought this car for only $4300! This is the main reasons I alway buy use cars and look for these kinds of deals. I have been very blessed in all my cars that I bought so far. Most of the deal have been pretty good but this one was the best.

really?? 40k? thats like 250 a month... since new. wow.

new forum user and so far its pretty cool.

me: 1997, 180k+ mi, well maintained. paid under $4000. it has minor issues (read radio lcd, driver-side leather, small oil leak), but the engine is good, and tranny seems strong.