How Much Did You Get Your Es For And Was It A Good Buy

hello, Paid my 04 es off, my car, divorced 06, kept the car and the condo, lost my my !Removed! in 401k and ira, kept the es, 04 Impala, new wife, not a lot of money but happy, 04 es is a great car, paid about$ 33000 after all done with divorce and all that junk. car listed for about 35000. great car, I'm happy. not rich, not poor but happy! have a good day!

tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got a 1992 es 300 with 179000 miles in good condition for 1500. timing belt and complete engine and transmission tuneup were done 20K ago. so im good to go for a while and i can sell it for a profit after im done with it. maybe upgrade to a 97 or later.

well it has 199k now, ive replaced the timing belt, radiator, fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, fuel filter and spark plugs. its still going strong almost 2 years later.

• 2 weeks later...

95 lexus es300 with 127k miles bought at the beginning of this year for 2300. definitely not a good purchase, had to get the engine replaced like 3 months later because it kept having problems. struggled with the power steering for a while too because in those models and some others the power steering controls too much within the vehicle. and now more or less most of the issues are gone just need my spark plugs changed which my mechanic is struggling on so yea :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Bought my wife's 94 Lexus es 300 with 235,000 miles on it back it 2005 for $2000. Has 264,000 on it now and still runs awesome. The interior is not in the best shape, had to rig the door up a bit, and the back window just fell down, but a great car for the 3.3 miles to work she drives each day. Haven't had to put much into it besides normal wear and tear.

Purchased a white 1998 ES300 on 9/28/09 for $4200. It's in pretty good condition for its age. Some paint chips here and there. Valve cover gasket is leaking (both front and back). AC belt squeals like a banshee when cold. ATF fluid is funky. Timing belt has no known history. Torque rod rubber is cracked and front engine mount is weak. CD player has an ERROR 1 if you try to play a CD. Other than that, nice ride. Primarily wife's car and she likes it.

Needed a replacement daily driver (deer killed previous one) so that I would not be "forced" to drive my summer show car (heavily modified 2000 SVT Contour, see signature) through the harsh Minnesota winters.

I picked up the Lexus from the owner of the bodyshop I use exclusively. Been doing business with him for years and recently was up to pay him a visit him as my wife's car suffered hail damage. He lent my the Lexus to drive while he restored my wife's car (complimentary). Really liked how well it drove and overall how solid it's built.

Went to return the Lexus and pick up my wife's car. Asked him out of curiosity if he would be interested in selling it to me. He thought about it for a minute and said he got a years good use out of it, so he offered it to me at his "true" cost which was $1700. I asked him if he was sure he wanted to sell it so cheap, we both knew he could get at least $1000 more for it without a struggle. Long story short, refused to take any more for it and I scooped it up. Only paid $35 to transfer title into my with tags good until May 2010 (no tax on 10+ year old cars in Minnesota, gotta love former governor Jesse Ventura!)

It's fully loaded (leather, chrome rims, projector headlamps, premium sound system w/6 disc cd changer, keyless entry, moonroof, etc) and has 170K. For a 14 year old car, it's in remarkably good shape. Everything works great and the AC blows ice cold. Power Steering pump was replaced 20k ago. Paint is a solid 8 out of 10 (save 2 small scrapes) and not a trace of rust on it (southern California car most of it's life). Came with all maintenance records proving it has been well taken care of going back to the 2nd owner at 50k. I've not had a chance to clean it up and detail it inside and out, I'll post the "after" shots soon.

It needs a few things.... (engine mount, EGR valve cleaned, fog light replaced, and struts could use replaced) but all in all it's good as it sits. All driveability concerns are being taken care of next week. JDM Windsor Headlamps, 4300K (9005) HID kit, and lextech gauge cluster lighting upgrade on order.

What do you guys think? Not bad, eh? :D

Lexus1.jpg

Lexus2.jpg

Lexus3.jpg

Lexus4.jpg

Lexus5.jpg

Lexus6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

'96 Lexus ES, $5300 with 86,600 miles. Excellent condition inside and out. Question though..... The transmission fluid has never been changed and still has the original timing belt. Looking at the maintenance schedule its telling me just to inspect the transmission fluid level, nothing about flushing it. Talked to my local mechanic and he's telling me the same thing. Anyone have a thought on this??? What should I do about the timing belt. The car runs perfect.

Thanks,

Greg

2000 with 131k.. pearl white, hid lights, emissions good through 8/10, pristine condition with the only exception of a couple of the wood grain trim pieces are slightly faded, but leather and exterior are in remarkable shape. Paid $5600 (in Houston)-- would have liked to have paid a couple hundred less for it, but I was willing to pay a few hundred more for it too. B)

• 2 months later...
Hi guys just wanted to see how much we have bought our lovely ES300 for

lets start from me i had a 94 es300 which was in excellent condition and i had it for a year i got it for $6000 ,110Kmiles and sold it 5500$,121Kmiles i did maintain it well flushed transmission and changed spark plugs.

i bought a 1999 ES300 a month ago it has 110K miles for 7600$ it has had a 90K service at lexus and i flushed the transmission and fluids also cleaned the throthle body. Shes doin fine for now and i love it sooooo much

lemme know your story

thanks

Just bought 1999 es300 for $6500 Cdn with 212k kms taxes and 2yrs engine and tranny warranty inclusive of price. Car had Autocheck score of 89%. Car record shows it was driven for under 1000km from 2006-2009. It was in immaculate condition with all options lexus ever had on that generation of ES300. B)

Those who knew what I use to drive before('90 mazda protege LX), now nod their heads when I drive by :D

• 7 months later...

I have a 2006 ES330 in Blue Shale Mica/Grey interior, 17inch chrome wheels, Fully Loaded( sunroof, navi, heated/cooled seats, 3 master keys and 1 valet) and CPO. Had about 20k miles on it when I got it. The guy was asking $23k for it but I said nevermind not in my price range, 3 days later he called and said I'll take $18k if you can get it to me today. I bought it and then got it appraised at Tom Williams Lexus and they said its worth about $26k. Instant equity! [The seller ended up telling me why he accepted such a low price fore it. He was getting a divorce and didn't want his soon to be ex-wife to have it.]

• 1 month later...

Just got my 1997 ES300 w/197,000 miles for $3200 few days ago. GREAT car will probably have to spend about another 5-6 hundred to get rear clunking noise (sounds like the tension rods or maybe struts from the posts), radio doesnt work of course, picking one up on ebay, and couple of small little cosmetic problems. oh and 1st post! great forum for info by the way!

94 es300 w/ 110K. $2000 in July. Was a FL car and needs paint and interior work. Knock sensor problem and it tends to overheat unpredictably. I'm having fun on this project, but it has deflated my belief that an old lexus was bullet proof... and I wonder about the logic of some of the engineering.

LL

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a 96 ES300 in good shape at 90k miles five years ago. I've put it up to 183k miles now, only replacing the rear wheel bearing as something outside my very regular maintenance. Recently changed the timing belt, w/p, etc. so ready for another 90k miles. Never thought I would buy a car to bury it later, but a friend just retired his 1st gen ES at almost 400k miles so I think mine is far from dead. With all the cars I've owned over the years including some 60's Volvos, this is probably the best one for longevity without showing it's age. Time will tell; thanks to all here who have given me so many good ideas to keep it going this well over the years.

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

1999 Lexus ES300, 163k miles. I commonly refer to it as a Glorified camry/Gcamry. Its nice a car, but lets face it, its a loaded camry. To me it just took the work out of finding an optioned out camry though, plus the es looks a tad better.

Traded a lincoln LS v8 for it that had 133k miles.

Ive had to replace a OCV - 60$

Car is in great mechanical shape, needs Detailed. Needs tires. So far im happy with her! i would like the split 3 spoke wheels in the future, but hey cant complain about the price of 15" tires!

3899014048_large.jpg

• 1 month later...