How Much Did You Get Your Es For And Was It A Good Buy

I was rear-ended in my 1994 Lumina. It was totaled. I got $1900 for it. I work at a Lexus Dealership and the Lot guy had a 1994 ES300 and said he would sell it for $1700. It had a code previously for a shift solenoid. I bought it. It is acting up now, but I have new solenoids on the way. It has 120K on it. The body and interior is in great shape! I looked up the entire maintenance history on it, it had everything done, all nservice intervals done at he dealership. The trans was replaced at 30K too. so tranny only has 90K on it. The car should have sold for 5K but I knew him and it has a tranny problem.

post-55694-1192988892_thumb.jpg

post-55694-1192988952_thumb.jpg

post-55694-1192988975_thumb.jpg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the club here

purchased a 1999 es300 wednesday of last week, 150k, excellent condition

$1500 cash took it away, it did need 2 tires and a fuel injector replaced which I have already done...

it was a steal, couldnt say no to that!!!!

chris

winner!!!!

New to the club here

purchased a 1999 es300 wednesday of last week, 150k, excellent condition

$1500 cash took it away, it did need 2 tires and a fuel injector replaced which I have already done...

it was a steal, couldnt say no to that!!!!

chris

winner!!!!

im guessing its worth about 5-6k, it is in excellent cond. pearl white, all leather doesnt have any rips tears...etc..

I just got a 1999 ES300 with 87,000 miles for $7,200. Drove it home and the VSC light came on, and a day later the check engine light! lol I called the dealer tonight, and he was cool. Just said to bring it in to his mechanics and they will fix it at no cost to me. I took the car to AutoZone and they tested the car, and it said all 3 O2 sensors needed replaced. I have no idea what caused the VSC light to come on, but the Dealer seemed to be well aware of the Lexus VSC problems and he said it would be fixed.

611a_4.jpg

6630_4.jpg

5 years ago i got an 1998 es300 for $5500.00 with 89k miles on it. it was a lil beat up but it was repaired. It currently has an injen intake and 198k miles on it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2455632

I love the car, I think it was a great buy, i learned most of my automotive skills on it, it was tapping, so i had to take the heads apart to re-shim the valves, and ive changed the timing belt on it twice. i also once took it to tuffy's to get a wheel alignment, and the guy bent the rear suspension bar,(the adjustable one) and they cost me about 300 bucks each from the lexus dealer, wondering why i didnt goto a toyota dealer, since they said toyota on them in the first place. since then, all struts replaced, its the first car in the family to go through 2 sets of tires, and 2 sets of struts.

my father also bought an identical Camry XLE V6 and it almost feels like the cycle is starting all over again. exept the camry is in better condition so it cost us 6k this car was also in an accident, but easily repaired.

G'day from down under, my first post. I just bought my third ES300 this weekend, as a gift/swap for my father. It's done 140miles, 1996, full option, tidy car, paid $NZ1600, (US$1200) for it. Badged Toyota Windom 3.0G as it's a JDM. Windoms are cheap to buy here, generally less cost than a Corolla of the same age/mileage. Bargain daily drivers! Swapping for a 94 Camry 3.0 wagon as it suits my DD needs better, my 300ZX is the cruiser/ weekend toy.

john001.jpg

Just bought a 2004 ES330 from my buddy's Dad for $19,500. It has 33k miles on it. The prior owner spent half of the year in Fla which explains the low milage. The car has all the maintenance done at the dealer. The car cleaned up really well but has its share of nicks and dings - looking to get them repaired. Researching the value looks like I paid what the trade-in value of the car is? Love the car but I am anxious to see if the reliability meets my expectations. Still have an 11 year old Avalon with 120k that seems like it will run forever!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, this is my first post on LOC. Im fairly new to Lexus vehicles as I recently purchased a 1994 lexus ES300 W170K miles with very good condition paint for $2000.00. It was sold for such a cheap price because the tach and spedo needles do not work. :cheers:

Hello all, this is my first post on LOC. Im fairly new to Lexus vehicles as I recently purchased a 1994 lexus ES300 W170K miles with very good condition paint for $2000.00. It was sold for such a cheap price because the tach and spedo needles do not work. :cheers:

do you want to know how to fix them yourself?

97 es300 , heated seats, tan , avs, good condition, had about 130k i believe, paid 7400 about 3 years ago. I think it was a great deal. Love it to this day. Itching to get something new though . Test drove my friends 335xi, very nice, but made me appreciate my car once again .

97 es300 , heated seats, tan , avs, good condition, had about 130k i believe, paid 7400 about 3 years ago. I think it was a great deal. Love it to this day. Itching to get something new though . Test drove my friends 335xi, very nice, but made me appreciate my car once again .

keep your lexus...

• 2 weeks later...

post-57788-1215410272_thumb.jpg

Hi guys just wanted to see how much we have bought our lovely ES300 for

lets start from me i had a 94 es300 which was in excellent condition and i had it for a year i got it for $6000 ,110Kmiles and sold it 5500$,121Kmiles i did maintain it well flushed transmission and changed spark plugs.

i bought a 1999 ES300 a month ago it has 110K miles for 7600$ it has had a 90K service at lexus and i flushed the transmission and fluids also cleaned the throthle body. Shes doin fine for now and i love it sooooo much

lemme know your story

thanks

got a 92 es 300 with 66,000 miles for 8500cdn plus tax. put new michelin energy plus 4 tires ,had the t belt and pump done at a garage(800) and locking lugs .Its grey brown with dark grey leather and fully loaded. The dealer fixed a hood strut.valve cover gasket, cv boot and oil change. Next oil change and i will flush the tranny.....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

94 ES 300 with 160K miles for $3,900 book is currently $6,900

One owner

The only problems with it are the radio antenna will not retract and the apholstery was pulled loose in the passenger side leg compartment. I fixed this with Gorilla glue in a few minutes.

Also it did not have the seat warmers that are standard according to the manual, but they had not been removed so the first owner must have chosen to leave them out.

just got a 1992 es 300 with 179000 miles in good condition for 1500. timing belt and complete engine and transmission tuneup were done 20K ago. so im good to go for a while and i can sell it for a profit after im done with it. maybe upgrade to a 97 or later.

94 ES 300 with 160K miles for $3,900 book is currently $6,900

One owner

The only problems with it are the radio antenna will not retract and the apholstery was pulled loose in the passenger side leg compartment. I fixed this with Gorilla glue in a few minutes.

Also it did not have the seat warmers that are standard according to the manual, but they had not been removed so the first owner must have chosen to leave them out.

According to the brochure (http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/1994/1994ESspecs.pdf,) the seat warmers are an option. I know that mine doesn't have them, but I've rarely missed them.

BobL

We bought our 1997 ES300 (65K miles - one owner) September '06 for $8,000. I love this car... :)

My neighbor was pressured by her son to buy a new car. He kept telling her that nobody should own a car that is 10 yrs. old. I just could not in good conscience let her use this lovely thing as a trade-in on a Toyota Camry. Now she is sad that I have her wonderful car and she has to ride in a not quite so comfortable new car.

Replaced the timing belt, water pump and seals and bought new tires this year. Struts are next. Any idea what Struts should run? It now has 78K miles on it.

post-48069-1196927935_thumb.jpgpost-48069-1196927984_thumb.jpg

post-48069-1196927589_thumb.jpg

post-48069-1196928612_thumb.jpg

Last week, for my son, purchased a 96 ES300 w/ 104,000 miles for $4500. Needs small amount of paint touch up. Mechanic gave it a good once over taking care of small issues and maintanance for $500.00. Just put new tires on. The tread on the tires were still very good, but because it was not driven a lot and the tires were on for quite some time, they were starting to dry-rot. Ordered new hood struts and replacement antenna from ebay. Those were put on today. Except for paint touch up, it is running great! :)