Valvoline Oil Company #vo-25 Val Vo25 Oil Filter

grand lexus

I recently had the oil filter changed on my 2000 ES300. The mechanic put in a VALVOLINE OIL COMPANY #VO-25 Val VO25 Oil Filter. Ever since, I have had an excessive use of oil. Nothing showing in radiator. However, the car does blow greyish smoke.

It was suggested that the oil filter they installed might be the wrong kind. The mechanic says its the right kind.

Can anyone tell me who to believe? There was no problem before I took the car in.

BC

That's a Chrysler oil filter. :wacko: Find a new mechanic! Sorry!

Thanks. Do you know for certain that the filter would be causing the problem, or just that it is not the ideal replacement?

Please tell me it IS what is causing the problem. It sounds like the cheapest thing to get fixed.

you know you need to take the oil filter off immediately after you purchase a Lexus or Toyota filter and then compare the seal area. If they do not match exactly than you may be blowing oil down the frame of your car.

you know you need to take the oil filter off immediately after you purchase a Lexus or Toyota filter and then compare the seal area. If they do not match exactly than you may be blowing oil down the frame of your car.

No oil is going down the frame. No drips, no smells, just the smoke. I was told that the car might require a special type of filter. Can't remeber what the person said, but it had something to do with some type of regulator??? inside the filter.

Mean anything to you?

No...Is it cold up there in Grand Junction? Not wanting to be rude, but would you take our advice? Valvoline Oil Company #Vo-25 Val VO25 Oil Filter

Valvoline, VO-25 Oil Filter, Fits Chrysler, Replaces PH2835.

Mechanically your ES300 is identical to a V6 Toyota Camry of the same model year. So your local Toyota dealer in Grand Junction, Colorado carries all the correct genuine Toyota filters, parts and fluids you need. Specifically, you should use the genuine Toyota 90915-YZZD1 oil filter. Another approved Toyota filter has a part number of 08922-02011.