Window Regulator Problem

sank

hi all I have a question on a power window regulator on a 92 lexus es300. my power window regulator won't bring the passenger window up but will bring will roll it down. As a result the passenger window is all the way down and I can't get it to come up. my question is could the power window regulator/motor gone out even though it rolled the window down . If so how do I manually bring the window up temporarily.

hi all I have a question on a power window regulator on a 92 lexus es300. my power window regulator won't bring the passenger window up but will bring will roll it down. As a result the passenger window is all the way down and I can't get it to come up. my question is could the power window regulator/motor gone out even though it rolled the window down . If so how do I manually bring the window up temporarily.

You need to disconnect the motor from the regulator. If I remember there is 3 bolts. Then you can pull the window up and support it with wood or something long until you can replace the regulator. Check the motor by connecting the power supply and use the up/down button (unbolted from regulator). The motor RARELY goes out.

Hope this helps!

You need to disconnect the motor from the regulator. If I remember there is 3 bolts. Then you can pull the window up and support it with wood or something long until you can replace the regulator. Check the motor by connecting the power supply and use the up/down button unbolted from regulator). The motor RARELY goes out.

Hope this helps!

The ES300 power window design was improved/modified after the 1992 series according to a Lexus mechanic I talked to. However, I had a similar problem on the driver's side of my 1992 ES300 and the unit replaced with what I presume was a new 1992 unit - that was 5 years ago and no problems so far.

• 5 years later...

Quote, "The ES300 power window design was improved/modified after the 1992 series according to a Lexus mechanic . . "

If that is true, does anyone KNOW ("Chatty Cathy" speculators who don't actually KNOW please remain silent) what specific changes were made?

If later series power window parts are different from 1992 parts, can those later improved parts be retrofitted into 1992 ES-300 doors?