Is350 With Mark Levinson..

I orderd a IS350 a few months back... All the dealers I talked to "thought" that the ML is required with the Nav... and that all Navs have the ML package....

But after going to the dealer last week... I realized that the car is a little 2 new yet... and the dealers do not know much about the car... maybe its because they are never on the lot to really get 2 know it???

Anyway... they had two IS350s on the lot.. one they wanted me to come and try for awhile now... had "everything I wanted" but the exterior color...

I went to try it.... When I put my CD in... I was fairly disapointed in the sound... then I noticed it wasnt a ML... humm oh well.. until they brought the one that I am picking up in the morning around... wasnt my first choice for colors... BUT... after a few months.. you stop being picky... and when you see this car in person... WOW.....:wacko: jumped in... NOPE... no ML.... the dealership seemed dumb founded.. they even thought both cars had it....

Anyway.. looking on the Lexus web site... I noticed when you build the car... you dont have the ML option....

Question I have.... after a long rambling is.... Does anyone in New England or the Northeast have ML?? It would seem odd being that ML is located in Bedford Mass!!!

Has anyone tried both?

Besides the non playing of DVDs... would a speaker upgrade help the non ML??

Thanks for your help...

well, i wouldnt really touch the speakers on the car, especially if you just got it. Make sure that you really truly dont like the sound first. your missing a few speakers in the first place, like 4, so somehow you have to make up for the watts of the current speakers, and the watts of the other speakers. Also, you dont have the "surround" sound cause of the missing speakers. so no, i would say its not worth it, it could be done, but its just not worth it.

Anyway.. looking on the Lexus web site... I noticed when you build the car... you dont have the ML option....

I've also noticed that the Lexus website lacks the ability to add this option, but some dealership websites do list the option seperately.

Ira Lexus on Manchester does list the option seperately on their site.

The Navigation is $2550

The Mark/Nav is $3990

http://iralexusofmanchester.cms.dealer.com/

If you find an IS x50 with the Mark option installed, it would mean that it's been sitting on the lot for a few months, since that's the last time any were made.

The problem is... good luck find ANY IS that has gone without selling for a few months.

:cries:

Does anyone know if you can do ML without NAV?

Although I have never personally seen one without the Nav, it is listed on local dealer websites as an individual option, listed at $940-

I am in the NE, and have a IS350 with the ML Audio. But there are only two ways to get it..

1. I bought the car out in the West (Van Nuys, CA and drove it back to NY)

2. special order the ML Audio from a dealer, and wait 3 - 4 months

Also by buying in the West, I was able to also get the Sports package, which is not available on the NE.

I am in the NE, and have a IS350 with the ML Audio. But there are only two ways to get it..

1. I bought the car out in the West (Van Nuys, CA and drove it back to NY)

2. special order the ML Audio from a dealer, and wait 3 - 4 months

Also by buying in the West, I was able to also get the Sports package, which is not available on the NE.

My dealer says we could order one? :geek:

My dealer says we could order one?:geek:

You ca order anything you want, up to about July or so... takes about 3 months for delivery.

Yea good point, at the point you might aswell get the 07s. Any ideas if those will have the new NAV display I saw in the GS450H at the NYAS yesterday?

hows it going

back in december of 05 i ordered a IS350 w/ nav smokey granite w/ blk interior w/ levinson well 3 weeks ago later march they said it came in. i went down there to check it out and they thought it had the levinson but it didnt, :chairshot: and they informed me that the levinson now only comes in the lux package, :cries: so they ended up discounting the price and adding a sat. radio, tint, and spoiler for free. im satisified w/ the sound but i will eventually upgrade it in the long run

omad

hows it going

back in december of 05 i ordered a IS350 w/ nav smokey granite w/ blk interior w/ levinson well 3 weeks ago later march they said it came in. i went down there to check it out and they thought it had the levinson but it didnt, :chairshot: and they informed me that the levinson now only comes in the lux package, :cries: so they ended up discounting the price and adding a sat. radio, tint, and spoiler for free. im satisified w/ the sound but i will eventually upgrade it in the long run

omad

What surprises me is… Looking at the number of IS350s produced each month… I can not figure out why they are so scarce or why its so hard to get the one you want. Toyota reported they sold nearly 1,400 350s in March.. & nearly 1,200 in February… That’s nearly 12 IS350s per dealer the past 2 months…

Not sure about you.. but I was always given the impression that each dealer only got 1 or 2 very month….

Then to have the dealer tell you “They can not locate the one you like in the entire Northeast region”…. Well… something doesn’t seem to smell right….

Don’t get me wrong… I’m very happy with my 350… :) but I just have to wonder what is all the fuss about when it seems there is enough to go around….

I orderd a IS350 a few months back... All the dealers I talked to "thought" that the ML is required with the Nav... and that all Navs have the ML package....

But after going to the dealer last week... I realized that the car is a little 2 new yet... and the dealers do not know much about the car... maybe its because they are never on the lot to really get 2 know it???

Anyway... they had two IS350s on the lot.. one they wanted me to come and try for awhile now... had "everything I wanted" but the exterior color...

I went to try it.... When I put my CD in... I was fairly disapointed in the sound... then I noticed it wasnt a ML... humm oh well.. until they brought the one that I am picking up in the morning around... wasnt my first choice for colors... BUT... after a few months.. you stop being picky... and when you see this car in person... WOW.....:wacko: jumped in... NOPE... no ML.... the dealership seemed dumb founded.. they even thought both cars had it....

Question I have.... after a long rambling is.... Does anyone in New England or the Northeast have ML?? It would seem odd being that ML is located in Bedford Mass!!!

Has anyone tried both?

Thanks for your help...

-- I have a non-ML IS350, but for months I thought I had one. I previously had a special Boz in my Cad. The IS350 is much better system. After speaking with the dealer this week, the only difference between the stock IS and the ML is extra watts. Speakers are the same--- and I would not mess with the IS speaker wise. The big problem is the long order delay for factory custom Lexus. I had the same problem because I originally wanted an IS250 with the HID headlights. Forget that. I would have waited for it until Medicare. So I went with the IS350 and was never happier. The difference is simply 2Kool. So instead of messing with the ML, I'm installing a RAM air intake. Very curious to see what happens. ---Dr K

Has anyone tried both?

Thanks for your help...

-- I have a non-ML IS350, but for months I thought I had one. I previously had a special Boz in my Cad. The IS350 is much better system. After speaking with the dealer this week, the only difference between the stock IS and the ML is extra watts. Speakers are the same--- and I would not mess with the IS speaker wise. The big problem is the long order delay for factory custom Lexus. I had the same problem because I originally wanted an IS250 with the HID headlights. Forget that. I would have waited for it until Medicare. So I went with the IS350 and was never happier. The difference is simply 2Kool. So instead of messing with the ML, I'm installing a RAM air intake. Very curious to see what happens. ---Dr K

The big diffrence to me is the abilty to play DVDs... The manual seems to belive you can play them... but you cant.. :(

After speaking with the dealer this week, the only difference between the stock IS and the ML is extra watts. Speakers are the same---

Your dealer is incorrect.

The Stock stereo has 13 speakers and 194 Watts.

The ML has 14 speakers, which are now Mark Levinson speakers, offers 300 watts, 7.1 Surround and supports DVD Audio and Video Discs.

The stock speakers are not Mark Levinson components.

The $900- price difference is very justified.

After speaking with the dealer this week, the only difference between the stock IS and the ML is extra watts. Speakers are the same---

Your dealer is incorrect.

The Stock stereo has 13 speakers and 194 Watts.

The ML has 14 speakers, which are now Mark Levinson speakers, offers 300 watts, 7.1 Surround and supports DVD Audio and Video Discs.

The stock speakers are not Mark Levinson components.

The $900- price difference is very justified.

I'm not sure if they are ML speakers... ML is not known for there speakers.. not even sure if they make speakers.. they are known more for the hardware...

There home CD Players start @ $4000 and can go up past $10,000.... they even have a $40,000 Amp!! they are the ultra high end in home audio..

Just guessing.. but I would bet the speakers are the same... with the addition of the Sub...

But yes.. I also belive that the $900 price tag for the ML seems like a bargain!! heck just for the DVD playing alone.. ;)

Yup, you are correct... Mark Levinson does not manufacture their own speakers.

They stick to what they know best...building INSANELY precise audio components.

They are also very well known for engineering sound environments.

A custom designed Home Theater install could set you back way over $100,000.

Mark Levinson worked with Lexus and Harman OEM to create a custom sound envinment for each Lexus vehicle in which the option is available.

System components are manufactured at Harman facilities in Northridge, California and Martinsville, Indiana.

They are technically not ML speakers, but they were approved by the ML Sound engineers just for this option.

The Harman Consumer Systems Group's brands include JBL, Infinity, Harman Kardon, Mark Levinson, Revel, Proceed and Audioaccess and Madrigal Imaging. (Details from ML's website)

I have not yet found any details on the exact manufacturer of these IS/ML speakers.

Let's wait until I get my '07 and I'll pull a speaker for us to finally know the manufacturer. ;)