Speed. Mods. More Speeds.

Turk

I am a newb. I have a 1993 SC 300. I am looking to upgrading the engine from stock to 2JZ-GTE . I have few questions.

1. Engine 2JZ-GTE is that bolt on or do i need to modify the motors mounts as well?

2. How about the JDM Toyota Soarer engine, is that bolt on and plug and play?

3. Minimize costs as much as possible, which is the cheapest mod out of the 2 thats is a good improvement over the stock engine?

4. How well are the stock auto tranny's hold up?

5. Can i use keyless remote out of the toyota that looks like the lexus remote. BTW i have the crappy 1 button remote that built into the keys.

6. BTW i think the car is slow!!! Need of help. Its heavy to begin with. I will be doing all the work and need ???'s answered. Any input would help.

I read the FAQ's but really couldn't find the answers i was really looking for. So hopefully i don't get bashed. :chairshot: :whistles:

Well thats it, there will be more ???'s to come, i think this is my new home, other than Maxima.org, and subaru-svx.net.

OK i got the battery for the remote its 1216. I would also like to know if anyone have set (4) stock SC300 or SC400 rims and tires they have laying around and would like to get rid of. Also considering TT Supra rims and tires Chrome ones.

go with the 2jz-gte, depending on the tranny, if you have an auto, you will need a built tranny or a th400 or if you have a standard, you will need to upgrade the inside components. And yes the 2jz-gte is pretty much bolt on but with a few setbacks of things that don't, but no biggie.

-Jason

go with the 2jz-gte, depending on the tranny, if you have an auto, you will need a built tranny or a th400 or if you have a standard, you will need to upgrade the inside components. And yes the 2jz-gte is pretty much bolt on but with a few setbacks of things that don't, but no biggie.

-Jason

I see that your car is turbo charged.. Is that the supra swap or a bolt on turbo kit? I am assuming just the turbo swap. How much did the turbo swap cost, something more wallet friendly. Do you have any links to site on how to do's? Can i use the turbo kit thats on ebay, thats made for the supra?

it's a turbo kit and i wouldn't buy a turbo kit from ebay for many reasons. go to this website and check out what they have www.boostlogic.com they are very respectable and I have most all of their parts on my car.

you running the turbonetics bolt on kit on the stock engine? or a 2jz swap from a supra? is there any trouble with intercooler piping?

the only turbonetics parts are the piping which I haven't replaced yet to boost logic's pipes. I hate turbonetics and so do a lot of other people. their products are not that great. boostlogic's parts are far superior to them. the only difference in the supra (twin turbo) motor is the head which is labeled as the 2jz-gte the non-turbo supras and the sc300's come with the 2jz-ge motor. Same bottom end just a different head. you can get a new 2jz-gte motor for about $2500 and have to pay to install and convert a few other things. or just get the kit and go from there it depends on what power you wanna make. the ge motor is reliable in stock form to about 750 at the wheels pretty much the same withe the gte motor, but when you want the more power, you need cams and such which are parts that are usually made for the gte motor only. and last, no, there isn't any trouble with the piping except for the way turbonetics has it setup, boostlogic's is a little different and better.

thanks for the info, you're still running the stock sc engine right? i really onlly wanna make between 5-600h/p for racing somewhere around 400 for daily driving. i took a look at boost logic's site and the stage 2 kit seems to be the most bang for the buck, especially with with the metal headgasket and head studs. this seems like a great place for info thanks again.