Wiper Blade Refills/inserts Compatibility

wing0

After using the wiper blades on my RX300, i really like it and was wondering if the inserts/refills they sell at the part's counter can be used on other car? Would it be ok to just buy it and cut to the right length or they're different depending on the brand of the car. I want to put this on my honda.

Thanks.

thats interesting, even tho im not sure, i think they are not standard for all vehicles, but again i may be wrong. You can buy them at the lexus dealer counter if you want. If i were you, i would take htem off your rx and then see if they fit before you go buy the new pairs. Also, you could cut it, but what happens if they are too short?

Its cheaper to go to Walmart and buy the entire wiper. Note the right and left side have different length blades. You can buy The Michelins blade assembly at walmart for cheap. Takes less than a minute to change that way.

Just replaced the 3 wiper blades of my 99 rx300 with ultra silblades, these are like $16.50 each inclusive of shipping but they're warranteed for 5 years. These may sound expensive compared to the entry rack models ($5-8) but compared to the high end ones ($10-15), these are good buy especially with the 5 yr free replacement warrantee. Was also planning to just replace the inserts before to somehow save but after computing the semi or annual changing costs & time you have to deal with these inexpensive blades, buying the ultra silblades seems reasonable in the long run. I did my research on the web on this product as well before buying. Just my 2 cents.