Navigation Screwed Up.......

I agree on that idea .. but! if i could totaly RESET the unit, that it doesnt remember what settings i choose, then

i should be able to load ANY region disc ... i guess :)

Actualy i thik that i should try to keep unit without battery for longer time ... maybe boards memory survived

longer without battery than just a few mins because of capacitors onboard that could keep memory for longer ...

maybe i should short circut capacitors to unload them faster ... of course all this should be done with disconnected battery ...

if i could totaly RESET the unit, that it doesnt remember what settings i choose, then

i should be able to load ANY region disc ... i guess

But you hit the load US tab. So now it's waiting for that disc. Any other disc goes in, once it read the TOC it rejects it as the wrong disc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, as i wrote before, now its waiting for that region disk what i have selected, BUT if i could TOTALY RESET UNIT, kinda NO SELECTION has been made and in that case it should accept (i guess) any disk or it should ask what to do .... maybe there is some kind of special disk to erase my settings or to resatore factory default or whatever ...

Yes, as i wrote before, now its waiting for that region disk what i have selected, BUT if i could TOTALY RESET UNIT, kinda NO SELECTION has been made and in that case it should accept (i guess) any disk or it should ask what to do .... maybe there is some kind of special disk to erase my settings or to resatore factory default or whatever ...

When the nav unit was first assembled there was an intitial boot up and set up screen. That function can only be performed once. And that's it. After that, all data, menus, and memory are set. What your talking about would be like unistalling the windows operating system on your computer, and then expecting it to be there reset by unplugging it for awhile.

I really think your just stuck on a command screen. Once the system recieves the correct info, you will be able to restart the cycle and this time use the correct region as the option, then reload the disc and your good as gold.

Actualy if we are talking in terms of computers, that im looking for "CLEAR BIOS jumper" ....

that erases all my stupid setiings and sets them to "factory dafault" ... like copmputer BIOS passwd etc ....

In this NAV case i need to erase my region settings and whatever else ... :/

just to have clean system that would boot from any given media.

But the region settings and so fourth have already been erased. It's now asking for the new data to be downloaded. So, if you give it the data it's asking for, then reset the cycle for another new region, youshould be good to go.

But the region settings and so fourth have already been erased. It's now asking for the new data to be downloaded. So, if you give it the data it's asking for, then reset the cycle for another new region, youshould be good to go.

Actualy i think IT remembers those settings i have choose in some kind of flash memory ... the point is to have/get system to be

in state just as after manufacturing ... before any data has been loaded.

I've the same problem. Changed country tab and do not remember what was selected so I don't know what kind of disc I need.

Maybe somebody could post all possible country selections found under "country tab".

As I remember there was JPN, US and ... and don't remember :-)

Knowing the country we should try to find corresponding LOADING.KWI file and take a try to start the navi with it.

I'm guessing ...

I've the same problem. Changed country tab and do not remember what was selected so I don't know what kind of disc I need.

Maybe somebody could post all possible country selections found under "country tab".

Knowing the country we should try to find corresponding LOADING.KWI file and take a try to start the navi with it.

I'm guessing ...

YES, that would definetly help.

Maybe somebody with not screwed NAVI can post screen foto from country selection screen?

Big thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing ...

The above idea should work (in theory) I've found the LOADING.KWI file for GEN 4 and GEN 5 systems, but nothing else.

Anyone have any friends or connections over in Japan?

I've tried searching for Torrents of the NAV disc and the only other one I've seen is for China.

I'm sure there is a whole torrent network for Japan, but not knowing the language, I couldn't find anything.

I've seen this issue on lots of boards, prius boards, toyotanation, lexus boards etc, and not one solution.

I've got the possible options in LOADING menu:

JP-TSW

US-TSW

AUS-TSW

US-AVN_BT

US-AVN_UBT

US-AVN_BL

CHI-TSW

I've chosen AUS-TWS probably, but not sure if it wasn't US-AVN_BT. What is the difference between US-TSW and US-AVN_UBT for example?

For now I start to look for LOADING.KWI from Australia.

I'm guessing ...

YES YES YES....HALLELUJAH........It finally worked.

I opened the ECU unit, unplugged the wore that connects to the battery that saves the memory, the whole system was reset and it was very easy......

here is the link....let me know how it works for u guys

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...ad.php?t=167666

I opened the ECU unit, unplugged the wore that connects to the battery that saves the memory, the whole system was reset and it was very easy......

For how long did you disconnect the battery. I've done it for 30 mins, and nothing has changed.

Are there any other than memory backup batteries in ECU?

• 3 months later...
From what I understand from readng this thread, the Nav system is waiting to finish a comand. I think you have to load the correct disk, so if you loaded the U.S., then you need to get a US disk and load it. Then once it's loaded you can go back to the load menu and then reload the correct country.

I have a 2001 GS300 that also has a navigation system. All of a sudden it stopped working and has a message of "disk not detected" on the screen. I have not changed the disk that was working fine before this happened. I have tried to take the disk out and reinsert it but with no change. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

That's an ECU issue. The Nav system isn't booting up the disc. But before you go that far, try this first.

Remove the disc and clean the CD transport real good. Use some compressed air and some electronics parts cleaner and clean the laser lens and transport out good. It may be that a piece of dirt os clouding the lens or blocking it's ability to read the disc. If after you claen it out and you still have this issue. The next step is to see if you can play a normal cd or dvd. If you can, with no issues, then the NAV ECU will have to be replaced.

So I have the same problem with an RX300 unit. No Disk Detected. Any ideas if you can buy parts for these things? Or do I just roll the dice on a used one from ebay? If ebay do I absolutely have to get the same part number? Or will other part numbers work with my vehicle? Mine is a 86841-47020.

So, finally I've made it :-)

First I've thought that the ECU, which some of you referred to, was the computer mounted under the dash, nearby the screen.

Disconnecting the battery which was inside this computer was useless in my case.

BUT, there is another battery - in the navi disc reader. And disconnecting THIS battery solved my problem :D

In my RX330, navi disc reader is in the trunk.

regards to everybody

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have a 2003 lexus is200 and my satnav is messed up, i got into the service menu and selected he wrong area now it is asking for correct disc, it's also in japanese, I've tried a few things to fix it, like disconnecting the satnav in the boot/trunk and removing/de-soldering the battery from the satnav unit.

My satnav is the single cct board unit.

Are they any other things i can try?

Is there a disc that would reset the unit that i could get my hands on?

Kevin

(Ireland)

• 3 months later...

I'm guessing ...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...ad.php?t=167666

Hello, can you kindly repost the link? I am having the same problem now...

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I have a 2003 lexus is200 and my satnav is messed up, i got into the service menu and selected he wrong area now it is asking for correct disc, it's also in japanese, I've tried a few things to fix it, like disconnecting the satnav in the boot/trunk and removing/de-soldering the battery from the satnav unit.

My satnav is the single cct board unit.

Are they any other things i can try?

Is there a disc that would reset the unit that i could get my hands on?

Kevin

(Ireland)

Did you figure out how to reset?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

OK, add me to the list of dummies who hit the 'load' button on the service menu. I took it to my local Toyota dealer and they said it was over their head and to go to my Lexus dealer. As a result I decided to try to reset my ECU first before heading down the more expensive dealer path.

I was successful in reseting the ECU (Yes!) but now my Nav screen shows me in Washington DC and I'm in Chicago! Anyone have any idea how to correct this? The disc loaded properly and it's the original factor version.

Thanks!!

OK, add me to the list of dummies who hit the 'load' button on the service menu. I took it to my local Toyota dealer and they said it was over their head and to go to my Lexus dealer. As a result I decided to try to reset my ECU first before heading down the more expensive dealer path.

I was successful in reseting the ECU (Yes!) but now my Nav screen shows me in Washington DC and I'm in Chicago! Anyone have any idea how to correct this? The disc loaded properly and it's the original factor version.

Thanks!!

I believe you can select regions from on of the menu screen (regular menu , not from the hidden menu screen). I have done it, unfortunately, I have a navi that is not working, I can not give you specific instruction.

How did you reset the ECU? After I am successful with that I can help you on this.

Any information on how to reset a Gen 4 ECU when the navi isn't working (stuck on the "Please insert correct map disc" screen) would be greatly appreciated... either by s/w (gen 4 recovery CD/DVD?) or by resetting the actuall nav unit.

This is in the trunk in an RX400h like I have... I can't even get my fingers onto the unit, let alone reaching the wires/ribbon cables behind the unit... I'm not sure how I would remove the unit... I do have the ability to scrunch my hand in and load the DVD (which is what got me into trouble in the first place as, for some reason, Gen 4 systems don't like 5.1 os/7.1 map data hybrid DVDs... go figure).

HELP!

Any information on how to reset a Gen 4 ECU when the navi isn't working (stuck on the "Please insert correct map disc" screen) would be greatly appreciated... either by s/w (gen 4 recovery CD/DVD?) or by resetting the actuall nav unit.

This is in the trunk in an RX400h like I have... I can't even get my fingers onto the unit, let alone reaching the wires/ribbon cables behind the unit... I'm not sure how I would remove the unit... I do have the ability to scrunch my hand in and load the DVD (which is what got me into trouble in the first place as, for some reason, Gen 4 systems don't like 5.1 os/7.1 map data hybrid DVDs... go figure).

HELP!

you have to reset the computer back to default region before the gen 4 hybrid map 5.1 /7.1 will work.