Navigation Screwed Up.......

I just screwed up my navigation but accidentally hitting load "US-TAB" under LOAD menu.

Now the navigation appear to be inoperative and the is a message in both English and

Japanese, "Insert correct disk". Any one knows how to reset it ? Please help.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you mind tell me what kind of repair disk you have?

I don't have any repair discs. I have my computer set with the american map. Now I'm in my home country and my country dvd doesn't work with my car.

So, I was asking if the repair discs (which i'm hearing about for the first time) would reset the map version. If it does, then I would request the to do that so my computer would have the dvd map of my country and will sort out my problem.

Thanks for your interest.

• 4 weeks later...
do you mind tell me what kind of repair disk you have?

I don't have any repair discs. I have my computer set with the american map. Now I'm in my home country and my country dvd doesn't work with my car.

So, I was asking if the repair discs (which i'm hearing about for the first time) would reset the map version. If it does, then I would request the to do that so my computer would have the dvd map of my country and will sort out my problem.

Thanks for your interest.

Where did you buy the vehicle at and where did you ship it to? If you purchased it in the US and shipped it outside of the continental US you may have to replace the navigation ECU to be compatible with your new DVD map disc. For example, the ECU found in some European vehicles is different from the ones installed in vehicles manufactured specifically for the US. If this is the case you need to verify that the new ECU will connect to the display/microphone/RSE/ETC.

• 3 weeks later...

You can also try disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a little while. The last time I my battery went flat the Nav system seemed to reset.

NavGuy:

This is exactly my problem and buying the ECU costs more than $3000 which is too much.

You can also try disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a little while. The last time I my battery went flat the Nav system seemed to reset.

Jainla:

That sounds fantastic but how can I dissconnection the battery? and where do I find it. I should try that.

Thanks,

The car battery under the hood. You'll loose your radio presets and perhaps your seat memory positions; but disconnect the negative terminal and let the car sit for 15 minutes. Worth a shot.

NavGuy:

This is exactly my problem and buying the ECU costs more than $3000 which is too much.

Jainla:

That sounds fantastic but how can I dissconnection the battery? and where do I find it. I should try that.

Thanks,

The car battery under the hood. You'll loose your radio presets and perhaps your seat memory positions; but disconnect the negative terminal and let the car sit for 15 minutes. Worth a shot.

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think it will work. I thought that you're talking about battery for the ECU. I have disconnected the ECU for more than 2 weeks but that doesn't help. The reason is that the update already written to its memory and I thought thta this what you meant.

Thanks again,

You cannot reset the country after you have selected another country. The only way to reset the ECU is by consulting your local Lexus dealership. They will contact a Lexus FTS who has access to a SDRAM clear disc that will reset your country for US.

Don't know how much they will charge you but it will be much less expensive than another ECU.

You cannot reset the country after you have selected another country. The only way to reset the ECU is by consulting your local Lexus dealership. They will contact a Lexus FTS who has access to a SDRAM clear disc that will reset your country for US.

Don't know how much they will charge you but it will be much less expensive than another ECU.

Thank you so much for this excellent info. I'll go to them tomorrow and will post the results here.

Many thanks again,

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for this excellent info. I'll go to them tomorrow and will post the results here.

Many thanks again,

What was the result?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all and sorry for this late reply.

I went to our main dealer and they said that they have no such disks and they can't do anything about it. The customer service was too bad!!

I wanted to complain to Lexus in Japan but unfortunately could find an address for them.

I got frustrated and never came again here. Sorry to all of those who waited my reply.

And thanks to all who took time replying and reading.

Best regards to all,

• 1 month later...

YOU GUYS HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PERSON TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION FOR YOU.

SOLUTION------REMOVE THE ECU UNIT UNDER THE PASSENGER SEAT.

REMOVE ALL THE SCREWS....

OPEN THE UNIT......

DISCONNECTE ALL THE CABLES....

PUT ALL THE CABLES BACK TO WHERE THEY BELONG..

CLOSE THE UNIT

RE-SCREW THE UNIT...

THAT'S IT....

THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE..

DON'T MENTION IT..

• 7 months later...

OPEN THE UNIT......

CLOSE THE UNIT

RE-SCREW THE UNIT...

THAT'S IT....

THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE..

DON'T MENTION IT..

• 2 months later...

Actualy i did almost as you wrote ... except, that i have removed battery inside NAV ECU ....

and i didnt help to get rid of "message of death" .... wrong disc etc .... :(((((((((

Any more ideas?

OPEN THE UNIT......

CLOSE THE UNIT

RE-SCREW THE UNIT...

THAT'S IT....

THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE..

DON'T MENTION IT..

From what I understand from readng this thread, the Nav system is waiting to finish a comand. I think you have to load the correct disk, so if you loaded the U.S., then you need to get a US disk and load it. Then once it's loaded you can go back to the load menu and then reload the correct country.

From what I understand from readng this thread, the Nav system is waiting to finish a comand. I think you have to load the correct disk, so if you loaded the U.S., then you need to get a US disk and load it. Then once it's loaded you can go back to the load menu and then reload the correct country.

I have a 2001 GS300 that also has a navigation system. All of a sudden it stopped working and has a message of "disk not detected" on the screen. I have not changed the disk that was working fine before this happened. I have tried to take the disk out and reinsert it but with no change. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I have a 2001 GS300 that also has a navigation system. All of a sudden it stopped working and has a message of "disk not detected" on the screen. I have not changed the disk that was working fine before this happened. I have tried to take the disk out and reinsert it but with no change. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

That's an ECU issue. The Nav system isn't booting up the disc. But before you go that far, try this first.

Remove the disc and clean the CD transport real good. Use some compressed air and some electronics parts cleaner and clean the laser lens and transport out good. It may be that a piece of dirt os clouding the lens or blocking it's ability to read the disc. If after you claen it out and you still have this issue. The next step is to see if you can play a normal cd or dvd. If you can, with no issues, then the NAV ECU will have to be replaced.

From what I have read here, by going imtothe load menu and hitting the "X" country load tab, it erases the current settings loaded and is waiting for the Nav disc that corresponds with the tab selected.So if you hit US, you now need to finish the load with the disc. Once you do that, you'll reset the nav and can then go back to the load menu and press load and select the correct country and then reload the disc that corresponds with it.

Because the nav only has a small amount of hard drive space, it's deleted all the info that was there to make room for the new info. I would think if you just finish the cycle, you could then start all over.

I agree on that idea .. but! if i could totaly RESET the unit, that it doesnt remember what settings i choose, then

i should be able to load ANY region disc ... i guess :)

Actualy i thik that i should try to keep unit without battery for longer time ... maybe boards memory survived

longer without battery than just a few mins because of capacitors onboard that could keep memory for longer ...

maybe i should short circut capacitors to unload them faster ... of course all this should be done with disconnected battery ...