Es300 Fuel Pump Trouble

I have a 1995 Lexus ES 300. When pulling into the driveway the car sputtered and stalled. Would not start back up. After checking it over, I found the fuel pump was not working. I was wondering if there is a fuel pump relay, fuse, or something of the sort to check before I decided to pull the pump. In the relay box under the hood there is a place labled fuel pump relay, but the spot is blank (no relay goes in the spot, there are no connections for it). Is there another place on the vehicle that I should look? Also is there a shutoff safety switch somewhere that kills the pump? Any help appreciated.

i have a 93 es300 and the same thing... under the hood there is a spot for the fuel pump relay but there hasnt been one there since i bought the car (2 yrs ago) and ive always wondered if one was supposed to be there. runs fine other than rough idle at times.

There is no relay called "Fuel Pump Relay" on the early ES... There are two relays that control the fuel pump, the EFI relay and the Circuit opening relay. THe EFI relay provides power to close the circuit on the Circuit opening relay that powers the fuel pump. THere is one short cut you can do: there is a check connector inside the engine compartment (the connector for diagnosis), jump the terminal "fp" with power source, this will by pass all the relays and power the fuel pump, if you fuel pump still doesn't work, it definitely needs to be replaced.

• 10 years later...

I'm having same problem , jump a wire from b+ to fp in diagnose box ? Or a seperate power source , any help is greatly appreciated ! My first Lexus and I've never been so lost , replaced fuel pump an Efi fuse to no luck ! Again any help is greatly appreciated !

• 2 years later...

I Keep Running into the same problem. This started June 2019 when I got the car. It was the Circuit Relay. Then after a month I had to get the Air Mass Flow Sensor Replaced because it wouldn't start again on top of the Circuit Relay. Had to take it back to the Shop Two to Three weeks ago because I had some rough idling. They had to fix the Circuit relay again. Jump to Yesterday I try to start my car it wouldn't start. So following above I tried 3 Different things, jumping the Fp/B+, then jumping the Starter Relay which only worked for an hour. My car is sitting at the Auto Zone up the street because after trying to replace the Starter Relay I could no longer get it started because there is little to no power coming from anything that has to do with fuel (relays, pumps, circuits etc.) My car is old and has 398,000+ miles on it. I'm thinking there is a shortage at my fuse box but I'm no mechanic so I can't completely say that's the main issue. All I know is that something electrical keeps allowing my car to have no start issues. At first I could turn it over but couldn't start it. Now the only way I can get the car to turn over is jumping the Starter Relay but still it won't start. Any suggestions or questions? I would gladly appreciate it.