Intake, Yes Or No?

Does anyone have the new LMS intake?

If you do, did you check the HP before and after?

Is it loud only when you in high RPM or all the time?

When are they going to come out with a chip?

Please post any information about engine mods. (your own experience not what they say)

I thought about ordering the LMS intake too. But if i'm going to spend $200-300 on an intake, I think I would like it too be a true "cold-air" intake. The LMS and Fujita models are both "short-ram". Oh, and bring on the chip please. I really would like some low end torque. I really like the performance of the car, but it feels like it has turbo-lag until you get to 4000 rpm.

I thought about ordering the LMS intake too. But if i'm going to spend $200-300 on an intake, I think I would like it too be a true "cold-air" intake. The LMS and Fujita models are both "short-ram". Oh, and bring on the chip please. I really would like some low end torque. I really like the performance of the car, but it feels like it has turbo-lag until you get to 4000 rpm.

Finaly someone that agrees with me.

I really feel like I need low end torque. This lag drive me crazy and I am waiting for the part that will come out and take care of it.

If you hear about something please let me know.

Thank you.

Finaly someone that agrees with me.

I really feel like I need low end torque. This lag drive me crazy and I am waiting for the part that will come out and take care of it.

If you hear about something please let me know.

Thank you.

I am with the understanding that an intake upgrade may only give one a little more hp @ WOT not @ low end torque. One would have to upgrade the torque converter and/or remap the ecu to achieve anything on the low end. A intake/exhaust upgrade may feel like there is more power @ the low end, But only a dyno would substantiate the facts. Keep us informed as to what upgrades you go with. Thanx. :cheers:

I definately plan on opening up the exhaust first. I really think the 300+ hp engine has a potential for a good sound. I don't however want some high note raspy sound like I'm cruising around on a weed-eater. An ecu upgrade would be very nice, anything to pull that power band down a little lower.

So I guess you guys won't recommend the LMS intake and I should wait for the chip or a "cold air" intake.

Am I right?

Upgrading of the torque converter will be too expensive so I will wait for a chip that will remap the ECU.

But still.... if someone has a LMS intake I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

Thank you.

Do you guys know who makes the chips for the cars?

Anyone I would be able to contact?

Who made one for the IS300?

I won't put the pipe because I called LMS and they said it is really loud with the new pipe.

I would like it quiet but more buttom end since this car has the biggest lag ever.

There's guys with the LMS intake on my.IS forums. Also dyno graphs. LMS exhaust made 22 HP over stock. Intake didn't do much.

There was never any chip for the IS300 and I doubt there will be one for the new model. Piggy backs or standalone puters are about the only way to get around the stock ECU.