Anyone Has Ever Installed 3m Clear Bra Before?

Hi, I am a new comer. I just want to ask if anyone has ever installed a 3M clear bra on their car? I am considering putting one on my car but I just wonder how does it work? Can it be uninstalled easily without damaging the paint? Thanks!

You just spent a ton of money on a new IS. I'd opt to have it done professionally. Do you remember all those stupid people who tried to tint their windows? They wanted to save a few bucks.

The other day I saw a Lexus LS430 with the bubble window in the back. I just started laughing out loud because here was someone who spent more than $60k for a car but refused to pay $250 for window tinting. Doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks for the reply. I know it can't be re-used, but my concern is that during the process of removal, will the paint be scratched or damaged? My main interest is how they remove the film. Thanks!

It can be peeled off after being heated with a heat gun. As long as its done properly it won't leave any damage.

Hi, I am a new comer. I just want to ask if anyone has ever installed a 3M clear bra on their car? I am considering putting one on my car but I just wonder how does it work? Can it be uninstalled easily without damaging the paint? Thanks!

I have the 3M bra and mirror on my IS350 Red. A rock hit the hood two days after I received the car and the 3M saved the car. My dealer has a four year warranty on the product, so it was replaced for free. I would have to agree with the other posts, spend the money and safe guard the car.

My dealer has a four year warranty on the product, so it was replaced for free.

Are you saying that the clear bra needs to be replaced after it was hit with the rock?

I bought precut 3M clear bra on ebay, and installed it by myself, no paint damage. Just follow the instructions, and be patience. Its easy.

I'd like to see pictures of that install.

Having seen pros do it and the tools they use and how the stretch the material around the curves in the body, there's no way someone without tinting experience would be able to do it properly.

• 1 year later...

hi, another good method of getting the 3m clear bra off is a mini steam cleaner from Walmart.. It leaves nothing behind and works better than a heat gun. In my opinion the heat gun tends to melt the vinyl and ends up breaking off in pieces. I figure I'd add something being the newbie.

I bought precut 3M clear bra on ebay, and installed it by myself, no paint damage. Just follow the instructions, and be patience. Its easy.

Which one did you buy? I see three distinct ones, $55, $135 and $180, but none of them have pictures of what is actually included in the kit.

cg