Goodbye To Lexus Forums

Several times in the past few months, I've had threads shut down. In each case, the record is very clear. I've been discussing something that I have the education, credentials, and experience to discuss and someone jumps in with "I don't care if you have a PhD and spent half of your career studying this and I'm a high school drop out. I don't like what you say, so I'll disagree with it - even if I can support my position".

I try to educate people with the facts. Apparently, the management of this board doesn't care about the facts. They would rather let people with no education or experience give incorrect information to the readers - which could lead to problems. Apparently, my efforts to educate people with facts that I can support don't count for anything.

Since the management is more interested in playing the tyrant than in promoting an educated discussion, I'm out of here. I have better things to do with my time than to try to educate people who don't want to be educated.

I was under the impression that he was asking about car’s mechanical issues. Because SW has helped me quite a few times on detailing and not to mention steviej and VMF (when he was around).

Well, damn I guess that all of em!

Well, since he left I guess I'll never find out what his PhD is in?!

jragosta, I usually don't get involved with this stuff, but I wanted to share a few thoughts. First of all, I respect your opinions and contributions you've made to this forum, as I see the number of posts you have made and how long you have been a member.

I am a highly educated person, but not when it comes to cars. However, I look at this forum as exactly what it is: a DISCUSSION forum, which is a two-way system. I am not here solely to be educated by you, no matter if you are always right or not.

I read the last contest between you and mnickburnas and I was actually learning something until you both made it personal. You are wrong to blame management. They are acting exactly as they should under the rules. The bickering should have been taken offline. I enjoy reading the forum daily, but I have to weed through these personal wars, and that is not pleasant.

Sometimes I may learn something from you, sometimes from Mike; however it is my decision who to listen to or believe, just as someone will ignore Monarch while another listens. Be proud of your knowledge, and share it, but don't push it, let the reader make his own choices, right or wrong.

I'm not going to beg you to stay here on the LOC. I don't support that you loudly created a thread titled "Goodbye to Lexus Forums" here instead of in a general discussion, or anywhere for that matter. But I'd hate to see you go because your opinion does have value, and if you have the confidence in yourself and your opinions, you do not need to worry about what the others say or challenge you on here, right?

Regardless of anything:

Whining about leaving the internet is the same as telling everyone you're sooooo drunk.

There is a term that starts with "Attention" and ends with something stevej doesn't like to see in public forums. ;)

It's a bunch of opinions that should be left as opinions, with the understand that at times they: A) Need to be tweaked B) Are wrong C) Are insanely wrong

You'll simply have to learn to deal with the fact that this isn't a contest with credentials. You having a lifetime of experiance with something doesn't mean anything if you can't tell me something useful. Your data get's taken with a grain of salt, just like everyone elses - until fact proves otherwise.

Leave, or stay at your liesure, but don't whine.

Regardless of anything:

Whining about leaving the internet is the same as telling everyone you're sooooo drunk.

There is a term that starts with "Attention" and ends with something stevej doesn't like to see in public forums. ;)

Agreed on all counts.

Personally I don't see this as any great loss for us. Hope your degrees serve you well Jrag. Hopefully you'll find a community where you won't be so plagued by your educational and intellectual inferiors. I'll actually help you out and close out your account.

Thread closed.