93 Es300....add Another Cooling Fan?

first let me say hello as i'm new to this board, i have an 93 es300 and in the summer time i turn on the ac but after about an hour the temp. needle goes up. once i turn it off the needle goes back down. people tell me i can add an extra fan to feep the car cooler so i was wondering is this true and brands or types i should use, thanx.

first let me say hello as i'm new to this board, i have an 93 es300 and in the summer time i turn on the ac but after about an hour the temp. needle goes up. once i turn it off the needle goes back down. people tell me i can add an extra fan to feep the car cooler so i was wondering is this true and brands or types i should use, thanx.

It is fairly common for the temperature to go up when A/C is running, but it's usually not a problem. How high does the temperature go?

It is fairly common for the temperature to go up when A/C is running, but it's usually not a problem. How high does the temperature go?

all the way up to the red zone if i dont turn it off. at first i thought it might be the power steering pump because it pumps the fluid that controls the fan. but i had the pump checked and was told it was fine.

No dude that's stupid. The hydraulic fan installed kicks the whomping *BLEEP* out of an equivilant size electric fan.

Dude you need to fix your damn overheating problem before you toast the headgasket & conciquently warp the heads.

Change the thermostat. Change both the pressure caps & flush the coolant. If it happens after that ditch the radiator & water pump before you blow it up...

When your ES was brand new the interior and exterior of the radiator was sparkling clean. The exterior of the AC condenser in front of the radiator was also clean. When these components are clean you can drive in Phoenix, Arizona with the AC on in 110 degree July heat and the car won't overheat.

To effectively clean these components you need to remove the radiator and wash the accumulated bugs and dust away from the exterior metal fins with some detergent and a garden hose. Wash the AC condenser in the same way, but don't remove it from the car.

Look inside the radiator through the radiator cap opening. The interior core tubes of the radiator should be clean and free of white mineral deposits like this http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mastertech/rad89.jpg

If the core tubes are partially clogged with deposits the most effective solution is to buy a new radiator. Made in Japan replacement brands like Koyo are sometimes available on ebay for around $125.00

thanks guys for your input and suggestions. obviously i dont need another fan and i will check the parts you recomended. not trying to be funny or anything but you all know more about my car (right now) than i do. thanx once again.