Front Door Speakers

su24

The front speakers in the 92 es 300 sound terrible if the bass is turned up as well as the volume.

Im sure everyone agrees. Just a popping sound, no bass sound really.

Anyway, is there a way have the door speakers just play highs, crossover maybe in stock amp?

I have a subwoofer in trunk and bass sounds really good if fader is on back and bass is up, but no

highs.

I turn the bass down and make even fade but the sub doesn't hit nearly as much.

I am running the stock radio with this setup but hopefully there is a way to solve this problem.

my stock speakers sound just as bad... the 6 1/2's just dont give much oomph, infact, NONE of it does....

did you replace the 6x9's? cuz even those in my car don't thump... in order for my stereo to sound even halfway decent, i have to turn the bass tuner down and one of the others up some....gets a more gentle (crappy) thump, more like a rattle,hiss, etc...

I have the same setup; stock deck and speakers with subs in the trunk. I set the bass all the way up, mid a little below half, treble all the way, and fader mostly rear (line on knob is horizontal). Volume up a little past halfway, and enjoy the ride! I know it's not the BEST and most balanced sound quality you can get, but I've chosen to live with it, because my wallet hasn't given me any more options! :lol: Has anyone else noticed how the different levels (bass, mid, treble) are amplified in different amounts at certain volumes? Like the most bass I can seem to squeeze out is just a little before halfway on the volume, but beyond that spot, it is drowned out by the others, until you hit about 2/3 volume, and then it is once again the loudest of the three. Am I just going insane? :huh:

even with a factory amp and every thing .... there is not enough power getting out to the speakers.... the stock radio unit has no power...

its all about the signal and power that gets thrown to the speakers....

and new head unit usually solves this problem ...as it will provide more power and impoved signal .. so it sounds cleaner ......

speakers are infact really nice..... they unit just BLOWZZZZ

Hey, I have a 95 ES300 and I have recently purchased two Audiobahn Alum12x's to put in my trunk. I also bought two Soundstream Rubicon 501/ Class A\B amplifiers to run these subs off of. The only problem is that I am having trouble powering all of this. Does anybody have any suggestions. I've thought about selling my amps and getting a JBL bp1200.1 to run them both and since that is a Class D amp and is more efficient I am thinking that this will hopefully solve my problem. Do you think I may need a new alternator? maybe an Optima Yellow top battery? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! <_<

I was having power problems also... easy fix though.

I went and bought a volt meter to tell me where the problem was.

Wal Mart sells these for around $10.

Volt meter read 12 volts under the hood but only 7 volts going to my amp.

Found where the problem was, ground wire wasnt fit tight enough to chassis of car.

Had another problem with battery wire - volt meter led me to problem.

My suggestion - buy a volt meter.

Thanks for the advice. You're knowledge on this subject is greatly appreciated. If a volt meter cannot tell me what the problem is or if im just pullin too much power from the alternator then my only other option is a

700$ alternator. So hopefully the voltmeter will work!!!! Thanks, Chris

do it right and do it once

the optima battery can help a good bit

it will then need enw wires to it and new terminals to fit as well as tehy are reversed on every battery other than toyotas

which is a good thing

the battery ground to the chasis corrodes which is under thebattery tray

also change the wiring for the starter positive

and anyother ones you can

i used 4 gauge power wire and gold connectors

use 0-1 , or 4 gauge to save trouble

and you chould be ok

i made all these changes on my 94 es and it works great for my system

now the car starts faster and the lights don't dim at all

i think the optima battery will help you ALOT.also try a power cap.i had the optima battery in my old mazda along with a good power cap and 4 guage wire and it was fine.if that doesnt work then you will need the system alternator.also try what sk said about replacing all the wires for the battery.that should help.how many watts all together are you pushing into them subs?

caps help in releasing power in short bursts when needed

think of it as a buffer to keep the subs from bottoming out the amp and distorting the stronger notes of music

i have 2 12's and8 speakers in total running off of one amp rated at 400 watts but it is a class a/b amp so it is very clean

it hit real hard i used 4 gauge running from the battery and have brax cap

( the best you can get as most others are not even a full farad,when tehy say they are)

like i said i did also replace the bat with the optima yellow but i did the wires at the same time

so i can't tell which helped more

its as simple as just following the wires.look at the wire on the alternater then follow it.then just follow the ones from the starter and battery.its very very easy.just need a socket set and your good to go!