Taking Apart '05 Gx470 Dash

goob6811

I just got the Vaistech XM adapter and I am a little skidish about getting the dash apart without breaking something. Does anybody have some advice or instructions on how to get the stereo out so I can plug the adapter unit in?

Thanks

Search around in the forums. There are step-by-step instructions, with pics. I just did mine a couple weeks ago. No prob. Just be careful. I don't think I have to tell you how expensive it would be to replace something.

One thing tho - At the end, it says to mount the unit behind the CD player, on the filter housing. Don't do that. Mount it somewhere that doesn't require a screwdriver to get to. I mounted mine there, and now have to get it out to send back for a glitch fix. I have to take everything apart to get to it. I'll be remounting it somewhere much more accessible.

the unit is cool tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a search both here and another site for "gx470 dash". The only thread that came up (ironically) was this one, telling me to "Search".

;)

I need to install a radar detector and stuff, and also need directions to take aprat the GX470 dash.

Anybody have an actual link to the write-up or DIY? Was it stuffed in another thread?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I used this info to install a Vaistech iPod adapter 2 weeks ago... works well and went smoothly. I didn't like the mounting point of the actual adapter right in the path of the A/C airflow intake... I stuffed mine towards the outer side of that cavity.

• 1 month later...