Stupid Mf'n Sonofa...

:censored: I went to my service guys :chairshot: (under new management) and they put in a brand new radiator that I purchased. I reiterated the importance of Toyota red coolant as opposed to green and verified that was what they were going to put in. Well, I bought a new radiator cap today, removed the old and sure as :censored: , green :censored: coolant :censored::censored: ! I am *BLEEP*ed off! I will chew them out Monday first thing but what can I do now? I heard you are not supposed to mix the two and I want red back in. I honestly do not want them touching the car after that. Does anyone know how to flush DIY. Is this system permanantly residualized with the green coolant now or can I run hose water for an hour thru the system to clean it then switch to red? If so, please link me to instructions.

Thanx for letting me vent!

Snes

From what I understand you can buy green coolant that is safe for both red and green cooling systems. On the outside it says that its safe for both but the actual color is green. That's probably what they did.

there is always some coolant remaining in the head so u want to drain the presant coolant and put in the new red coolant in then run the car to hot temp so the thermostat kicks in and opens out the remaing green coolant from the head into the radiator then again flush it and put in new red fluid. HOpe that helps

Hello,

I don't want to start talk about Green or Red coolant.

All i knows, it's Ethylene Glycol.

I will be very mad, if i requested that idiot to use red and he agreed, then you get green.

If I were you and picky, I do it by self. Drives for 1-2 days, and do it again (another $16) that will change completly from system.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Hello,

I don't want to start talk about Green or Red coolant.

All i knows, it's Ethylene Glycol.

I will be very mad, if i requested that idiot to use red and he agreed, then you get green.

If I were you and picky, I do it by self. Drives for 1-2 days, and do it again (another $16) that will change completly from system.

Sorry to hear the bad news.

Ya I am pretty *BLEEP*ed but hopefully no permanent damage has been inflicted. I would like to do it myself but have limited knowledge in that arena. I do have the "Merry Christmas" service manuals, but would still like to see a DIY from a different perspective.

:censored: I went to my service guys :chairshot: (under new management) and they put in a brand new radiator that I purchased. I reiterated the importance of Toyota red coolant as opposed to green and verified that was what they were going to put in. Well, I bought a new radiator cap today, removed the old and sure as :censored: , green :censored: coolant :censored::censored: ! I am *BLEEP*ed off! I will chew them out Monday first thing but what can I do now? I heard you are not supposed to mix the two and I want red back in. I honestly do not want them touching the car after that. Does anyone know how to flush DIY. Is this system permanantly residualized with the green coolant now or can I run hose water for an hour thru the system to clean it then switch to red? If so, please link me to instructions.

Snes

All they're obligated to do is to use coolant which meets Lexus specs. They presumably did that.

If you wanted something different, you should have written it on the service write up. If you did that, take it back and have them do what you requested. If you didn't write it up, you're SOL.

Snes

All they're obligated to do is to use coolant which meets Lexus specs. They presumably did that.

If you wanted something different, you should have written it on the service write up. If you did that, take it back and have them do what you requested. If you didn't write it up, you're SOL.

Like I mentioned previously, I did discuss using "red" with the guy and I figured a verbal was good as gold. In any case, I did call them this morning and mentioned what I stumbled upon and they agreed to flush it and use the red. I have been going to them for years but the manager and master tech that used to work there went to Autonation. So after these idiots flush my radiator (for free), they will never see me again. I am still frustrated though. Do you all think I should have them flush, and then take it for another reflush, or will one do?

Snes

Like I mentioned previously, I did discuss using "red" with the guy and I figured a verbal was good as gold. In any case, I did call them this morning and mentioned what I stumbled upon and they agreed to flush it and use the red. I have been going to them for years but the manager and master tech that used to work there went to Autonation. So after these idiots flush my radiator (for free), they will never see me again. I am still frustrated though. Do you all think I should have them flush, and then take it for another reflush, or will one do?

Let's see:

1. You didn't specify anything in writing. The guy who wrote up your order isn't the one who does the work. If it's not on the paper, it doesn't get in the hands of the person doing the work.

2. Both colors of coolant meet Lexus specs. There's no reason to think that one is any better than the other.

3. The shop agreed to flush your system and replace the fluid, anyway. Sounds like they're going above and beyond the call of duty to try to make them happy.

4. You continue to call them idiots and say you'll never do business with them again.

Seems to me that you're the one being awfully unreasonable here.

Snes

Let's see:

1. You didn't specify anything in writing. The guy who wrote up your order isn't the one who does the work. If it's not on the paper, it doesn't get in the hands of the person doing the work.

2. Both colors of coolant meet Lexus specs. There's no reason to think that one is any better than the other.

3. The shop agreed to flush your system and replace the fluid, anyway. Sounds like they're going above and beyond the call of duty to try to make them happy.

4. You continue to call them idiots and say you'll never do business with them again.

Well, I have been getting outstanding service there for years. The previous manager and master tech know exactly how particular I am to detail and they have always exceeding my expectations. Both of them have EXTENSIVE knowledge about Toys and Lex's and have serviced them for 15+ years each. The gentlemen who runs the place now claims to have trained the previous manager but appears to posess about 1/10th of the knowledge of him. This place always repairs/maintains my vehicle to manufacturer spec and only Toyota brand parts. My vehical specifically calls for "red". For me even to verify with him initially shouldn't be necessary but like I said, I am particular to detail. So I do not think I am being unreasonable. They are not going above and beyond, they are simply correcting their mistake. Business is business.

Good day sir,

Kenny

Snes

Let's see:

Well, I have been getting outstanding service there for years. The previous manager and master tech know exactly how particular I am to detail and they have always exceeding my expectations. Both of them have EXTENSIVE knowledge about Toys and Lex's and have serviced them for 15+ years each. The gentlemen who runs the place now claims to have trained the previous manager but appears to posess about 1/10th of the knowledge of him. This place always repairs/maintains my vehicle to manufacturer spec and only Toyota brand parts. My vehical specifically calls for "red". For me even to verify with him initially shouldn't be necessary but like I said, I am particular to detail. So I do not think I am being unreasonable. They are not going above and beyond, they are simply correcting their mistake. Business is business.

Good day sir,

Kenny

Let's say you're right. They made an honest mistake and are now correcting it.

You're bad-mouthing them all over the place and calling them idiots - and taking your business somewhere else.

Again, you're the one being unreasonable.

Snes

Let's see:

Good day sir,

Kenny

Let's say you're right. They made an honest mistake and are now correcting it.

You're bad-mouthing them all over the place and calling them idiots - and taking your business somewhere else.

Again, you're the one being unreasonable.

Ok slim listen up, I talked to these "idiots" today and expressed my concerns. He didn't even know the Toyota recommendation for coolant. This is a Toyota/Lexus repair shop! I told him, "I discussed with you before hand to only use Toyota red coolant." He told me, "uh, we usually just put in what was in before." Well, I guess he must of missed the PINK spray all over the engine bay from my previous radiator blow up! And he must of missed the RED COOLANT on my previous radiator flush invoice. And he must of missed RED COOLANT on the invoice he billed me on this invoice!!! Unreasonable? How many monkeys does it take to flush a radiator correctly?!

Ok slim listen up, I talked to these "idiots" today and expressed my concerns. He didn't even know the Toyota recommendation for coolant. This is a Toyota/Lexus repair shop! I told him, "I discussed with you before hand to only use Toyota red coolant." He told me, "uh, we usually just put in what was in before." Well, I guess he must of missed the PINK spray all over the engine bay from my previous radiator blow up! And he must of missed the RED COOLANT on my previous radiator flush invoice. And he must of missed RED COOLANT on the invoice he billed me on this invoice!!! Unreasonable? How many monkeys does it take to flush a radiator correctly?!

Hint: Get a grip. Your life will be much more enjoyable if you learn to put things in perspective and treat people like human beings.

The person who did the work is a human being. They may or may not have made a mistake (it's unlikely that they got your instructions - you should probably be complaining about the service manager, not the technician). As a result, he put in green antifreeze which clashes with the pink inside your engine bay. Since both the red and green antifreeze meet Lexus standards, you're getting all bent out of shape, calling names, and losing your temper over the fact that your technician didn't get your instruction about your preferred antifreeze color.

AND THEY OFFERED TO REPLACE IT.

Cool it Snesley. No need to get hot under the collar.

I have to agree with Jrag on this one. The tech made an honest mistake, I see nothing wrong with an honest mistake as long as they're willing to rectify it without a lot of hassle since I make honest mistakes too. If they refused to fix the issue or gave you a lot of hassle about it that would be one thing, but that doesn't seem like the case here.

Hell, 3 months ago the dry cleaner ruined my favorite suit, dropped it into the conveyor belt. $1200 suit. The manager called me, apologized, and immediately offered to buy me a comparable suit. Sure, I was bummed about my suit but I wasn't angry at them for making a mistake since they were willing to own up to it and rectify it.

You'll find getting angry like this will get you *nowhere* in life. This is all just business, and if your approach these kinds of things in a calm businesslike manner you will find great people that have earned your business to take care of the things we all need people to take care of (mechanics, plumbers, dry cleaners etc). People are just people.

And anyways, if the master tech and manager you like and trust moved to another shop why not follow them?

I used to belive there was a huge difference and was only going to use red.

After speaking with a guru of sorts he explained it is mainly the base and a colouring . Flush it and you will be ok , as long as it is not dexcool then it is no major problem hell the pink stuff is long life so go and get that instead.

good luck

Cool it Snesley. No need to get hot under the collar.

I have to agree with Jrag on this one. The tech made an honest mistake, I see nothing wrong with an honest mistake as long as they're willing to rectify it without a lot of hassle since I make honest mistakes too. If they refused to fix the issue or gave you a lot of hassle about it that would be one thing, but that doesn't seem like the case here.

Hell, 3 months ago the dry cleaner ruined my favorite suit, dropped it into the conveyor belt. $1200 suit. The manager called me, apologized, and immediately offered to buy me a comparable suit. Sure, I was bummed about my suit but I wasn't angry at them for making a mistake since they were willing to own up to it and rectify it.

You'll find getting angry like this will get you *nowhere* in life. This is all just business, and if your approach these kinds of things in a calm businesslike manner you will find great people that have earned your business to take care of the things we all need people to take care of (mechanics, plumbers, dry cleaners etc). People are just people.

And anyways, if the master tech and manager you like and trust moved to another shop why not follow them?

*sigh* Ya I know. My avatar probably makes me look worse! I really don't look like that. I just have a hard time dealing with stuff like this, especially after mentioning it right before the procedure. I work in a hospital pharmacy where errors are not tolerated, so my threshold for snapping might be a little premature for most. In any case, the purpose of this was to find out if the switch back to red would be an issue or not.

And yes I did recieve a call from both the manager and master tech notifying me of their whereabouts. After I get my flush, I will put that place behind me.

Oh and thank you Skperformance!