Passenger Side Window Broke

kira08

some kids broke into my apt garage and busted my passenger side window to steal i-pod :censored:

the glass was scattered everywhere and I was too afraid to drive the car in that condition to the dealer.

therefore, I called up a company called safelite(?) and they sent someone next morning to clean up the whole mess and installed a new window.

My only problem is that it has a safelite logo on.....

would it be a problem later if i want to trade in the car or to sell it?

Also I recently changed the two front tires and paid $400 for them(Bridgestone Dueler H/T D687)

After getting them installed, I checked the price in tirerack.com ...

it turns out it only costs $89 each....

the guy who fixed the tired told me that each cost about$160....

i would like to think that the prices are differnt because he had to get the tires in one day.

but still feels like i was ripped off

what kind of brand tire would you recommend?

and how much would it cost to get it installed usually?

i'm waiting for your help~!

I don't think the replaced window would decrease your resale value significantly.

As for the tires, $400 is too much to pay for the two tires. If you'd ordered from tirerack, then you have to factor in cost of shipping, $10-$20 per tire for installation/balancing, and your time bringing the tires to get installed, you probably still end up paying less, but the difference may not be as much as you think. Some local discount tire shops may match tirerack's prices, worth shopping around next time.

The glass will affect the value of your car ZERO...

They have to install glass that meets or exceeds certain safety standards set by the US Government. I am familiar with the company that did your work. You will have no issues with the glass they installed...