Ca Buyers Of Rx400h In 2005.....

There seems to be precious little info about how to go about taking advantage of the $2000 tax credit in the CA tax filing. I even called the help line, only to be told the law isn't clear. When they attempted to transfer me to a more knowledgable person, the phone was never answered.

Has any of you CA RX400h owners who bought in 05 finished your state taxes? I have heard from a tax preparer in the family (from out of state) that the federal credit goes away once houshold income gets beyond $100k or so. I use TaxCut software, which is very detailed in its explaination of many things - just not the low-emissions part.

Thanks. Unfortunately, this doesn't present the details, either. I guess I'll keep calling until I find someone at the CFB who knows exactly what we need to do.

I purchased in 05 and I have not done my taxes yet so anything you find out and publish here would be welcomed by me.

Here's what I have so far:

Use (in CA 540, column "B") the same amount you used in your Federal, Schedule A (itemized deductions) somewhere near line 36. The confusing part is line 36 - this is a summation, not an empty line. Anyway, you are able to claim $2000 as a deduction, both in Federal and State.

Dave