Aftermarket Audio-video

mtbikeaz

Given the problems I've had with replacing 2 cd changes in less than 30 days. I'm looking for input on replacing the factory unit with an aftermarket and may want to go ahead and add DVD with rear flip down monitor. Any ideas for both in-dash replacement systems and Rear entertainemnt system. Can the new Rear system for 2003 be added to a 1999.

I would probably upgrade the amps and speakers...the whole deal to get it right.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Given the problems I've had with replacing 2 cd changes in less than 30 days. I'm looking for input on replacing the factory unit with an aftermarket and may want to go ahead and add DVD with rear flip down monitor. Any ideas for both in-dash replacement systems and Rear entertainemnt system. Can the new Rear system for 2003 be added to a 1999.

I would probably upgrade the amps and speakers...the whole deal to get it right.

Thanks

Whay flip down, Why not head rest. Its quick. Follow the link below and read up on Vizualogic. I have also taken a picture of my 03 Lx 470 with the Vizualogic head rest monitors. LX_470_Head_Rest.jpg

http://www.vizualogic.com/headrest_prod/mo...ailability.html

gslx4s, hey your installation looks great like mine. did you install a dvd changer like i did (Alpine 6 disc)? going to get the LX worked on again to tie in the nav screen to show dvd but be able to switch back to nav. also, this way the driver (me) can listen to music while my important passenger's (mom, dad, wife, daughter and her boyfriend) can watch movies! i'll send pics as soon as i get a chance!! see ya!!

G

Aykhan, I have installed the Vizualogic headrests for the 3rd row passengers also. So four headrests total!! Works good, picture is not as sharp as the 7" wide Alpines though. The stock headrest would not fit the Alpines. See ya..

G

B)

• 2 weeks later...
gslx4s, hey your installation looks great like mine. did you install a dvd changer like i did (Alpine 6 disc)? going to get the LX worked on again to tie in the nav screen to show dvd but be able to switch back to nav. also, this way the driver (me) can listen to music while my important passenger's (mom, dad, wife, daughter and her boyfriend) can watch movies! i'll send pics as soon as i get a chance!! see ya!!

G

I am using the factory DVD changer.

• 8 months later...

G

I am using the factory DVD changer.

gslx4s,

Can you share how you tied in the factory dvd changer to the headrest monitors? Does the dvd changer have a standard video out plug? My installer put in a aftermarket DVD player but I would rather use the built in dvd changer if I can. Especially since I will get much better audio than the FM modulation that the installer used.

Thanks.

i would also like to know how you go about tying the factory installed dvd player to the rear tvs so if you could share the knowledge it would be much appreciated. you can also email me with instruction haplain@mac.com