Bugs And Tar

New England roads are brutal on a car's finish as much as they are on it's suspension. :rolleyes:

The front end of my car gets covered with bugs and stuff and all the scrubbing in the world fails to remove this.

The sides get beaten up with tar spots (or whatever it is) and it's next to impossible to get off.

Any thoughts or suggestions on products to try?

Thanks!

New England roads are brutal on a car's finish as much as they are on it's suspension. :rolleyes:

The front end of my car gets covered with bugs and stuff and all the scrubbing in the world fails to remove this.

The sides get beaten up with tar spots (or whatever it is) and it's next to impossible to get off.

Any thoughts or suggestions on products to try?

Thanks!

Regular washing and waxing will make removal much easier.The key is to remove the spots as soon as possible.

I would also avoid "scrubbing" the paintwork or else you're going to cause marring.I highly recommend Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover.

There's a new product that I haven't tried but will interest you here:

http://www.diamondite.com/bugblocker.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Bug guts are a *BLEEP*er to get off.

The tar on the other hand I can help you with -- use AVON Skin-so-soft. I kid you not -- takes off tar like nothing else I've tried and smells nice too! Plus, my hands are as smooth as a baby's bottom! :D

I've used it ON paint and plastic fascia -- NEVER had it damage or discolor. I rinse the area with soap and water after I'm finshed. So ask your wife the next time she orders AVON.

Cheers

Mark

I think I have seen it all from monarch. What about the towel or MF to remove the Toyota approved product? I hope that Toyota has a standard work process, approved no less that states what motion or direction to wipe off the Toyota approved product? No pictures of the product?????

Case-in-point there are many products to remove bugs etc here in my home state of MA. I find that the sand and salt are more to worry about but that is me. The bugs come right off with my Dri-wash.