Help With Brakes

I have 2 problems.

1. When changing rear brake pads I could not figure out how to get the little wishbone springs that snap onto the pads bsack on. I tried doing it before putting the pads in and I could not do it. With the pads compressed all the way I have to force the caliper back onto the rotor and I am sure it will drag. Is this normal.

I had previously purchased a set of drilled rotors for a 1998 CS300 that I had for a short time. I was going to put them on my 1997 SC400 as they are the same size. The problem is the OEM rotors are about .200 thicker than the drilled ones and have webbing between the outer rotor surfaces. The drilled ones are solid.

I checked the forum for brakes and every post made it seem like a piece of cake to change pads and rotors.

By the way I am using OEM pads.

I have 2 problems.

1. When changing rear brake pads I could not figure out how to get the little wishbone springs that snap onto the pads bsack on. I tried doing it before putting the pads in and I could not do it. With the pads compressed all the way I have to force the caliper back onto the rotor and I am sure it will drag. Is this normal.

I had previously purchased a set of drilled rotors for a 1998 CS300 that I had for a short time. I was going to put them on my 1997 SC400 as they are the same size. The problem is the OEM rotors are about .200 thicker than the drilled ones and have webbing between the outer rotor surfaces. The drilled ones are solid.

I checked the forum for brakes and every post made it seem like a piece of cake to change pads and rotors.

By the way I am using OEM pads.

Did you make sure the pistons were pushed back all the way in before trying to install the pads..as for the wires all you have to do after you get the pads installed back on the calipur is to just slip in the short ends into the very little holes and they should lay flush with the curvature of the pads.

Good Luck