Using Razr Cell Phone With Rx 400 H

The instructions for a Motorola Razr using Verizon and Cingular should be the same for transferring the cell phonebook information to the navigation system. Unfortunately, you have to transfer the information one number at a time.

You can't transfer the phonebook at all with a Verizon Razr.

Not true.

http://cavemonkey50.com/2006/04/verizon-en...sfers-on-razrs/

Mine transfered nice & easy.

You were lucky. Verizon MISTAKENLY allowed file transfer on the initial release of their V3c RAZR only when they maded the initial rush release before the Christmas season last year. ALL other versions of their RAZR are crippled.

Click your link again for the editorial remark:

My initial reports have now been confirmed to be wrong. To find out what’s really the case read my followup article. Sorry for any confusions this article brought. I reported on this news a little too prematurely since the results were still being reported at the time.

• 2 months later...

After futile attempts to transfer my Motorola Razr cell phonebook to my new RX400H, I finally figured it out. The dealer was very little help and Motorola referred me to a website that was too brief, flawed and confusing. I am normally very adept at electronics, computers and other equipment.

I will email anyone in need that has this combination of cell phone and Lexus, the step by step instructions to transfer your cell phone numbers to your Lexus Navigation system. Maybe I can save some of you a flurry of headaches. I wish I was able to contact someone on this forum for guidance.

CDFChief

• 2 months later...
After futile attempts to transfer my Motorola Razr cell phonebook to my new RX400H, I finally figured it out. The dealer was very little help and Motorola referred me to a website that was too brief, flawed and confusing. I am normally very adept at electronics, computers and other equipment.

I will email anyone in need that has this combination of cell phone and Lexus, the step by step instructions to transfer your cell phone numbers to your Lexus Navigation system. Maybe I can save some of you a flurry of headaches. I wish I was able to contact someone on this forum for guidance.

CDFChief

PLEASE EMAIL ME THE INSTRUCTIONS TO DO THE PHONEBOOK TRANSFER AS I CAN'T SEEM TO MAKE THIS TRANSFER HAPPEN. THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING. IT WAS EASY TO DO ON MY BMW BUT NOT ON THE LEXUS.

THANK YOU

Do you know if this notebook procedure works with the RX400H and Motorola Razr?

After much frustration, I purchased a Sprint Sony Ericksson T 608 on Ebay. This is a phone that Sprint no longer supports, I'm told. It allows transfer of an entire phone book as "business cards" to my RX 400. Unlike newer phones, its bluetooth is entirely unlocked. I have not activated the phone - no need. I just use it to transfer numbers. Doesn't matter who your provider is! Also, most older GSM bluetooth phones allow full transfer. Perhaps you have a friend with a phone that will transfer. Beats one number at a time.

So how do I get my phone book into the Sprint Sony Ericksson T608 in the first place? Do I have to manually type my contacts in one-by-one? that would be annoying. how much should this phone cost on ebay? are there any cheaper compatible phones out there? cingular maybe?

From what Verison tell me there new Mortorla Maxx phone is compatable with out Lexus Nav systems and will down load phone book etc and all features we need. It shows on there web site also it will. Bad news it off course is most expensive newest phone. I did however after long drawn out conversation convince Customer service they should sell me at reduced rate of upgrade because current phone would not do job it was designed too do.

I have not done the upgrade yet so I can't gaurantee it will work, however they assure me it will and if not will allow return for 15 days.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

CDFChief

I would really appreciate help. My phone is Verizon RAZR.

thx

CDFChief

I would really appreciate help. My phone is Verizon RAZR.

thx

Why not just post it. I am sure others would would find this useful.

I used a siemens s56 and put my 10 most used number in that phone, then transfered those 10 to the RX400.

This gave me the names to go with the numbers.

I am using a V815 Verizon phone.

CDFChief

Please send me the directions for transfering my Razr phone info to the Nav system. I have tried several times with no success. Thank you, 5shoes.

• 5 weeks later...

CDFChief

I bought my RX400h in Westlake Village, Ca. The dealer here is very aware of all the frustrating problems with bluetooth set up, so they have a "Bluetooth guy". I made an appointment and within 10 minutes, he hed the whole thing up and running on a Verizon LG phone. Transfered 250 cpntacts.

I believe he transfered my phonebook to a compatable format then uploaded to my car.

The only thing I had to do, was get rid of any leading "1's" in my phone book because the caller ID in Nav screen does not recognize the leading 1 in front of the 10 digit number.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

CDFChief

Please email me instructions (we have a motorola razr via cingular/ATT and an RX 350) Thanks - BenF12400@aol.com

Please email me instructions (we have a motorola razr via cingular/ATT and an RX 350) Thanks - BenF12400@aol.com

If you'd read beyond the 1st thread by the OP (which was posted what .... a year & a half ago? :P ) , you'd find he actually already posted what little he knew, a few threads later. IE, his post shows how (on one network) you can PUSH your data base entries, but only at one measly entry at a time. So (again, presuming you're on that same network), if you have a database with 2 or 3 hundred entries, you better get busy.

CDFChief

Hi - Please email me th instruction. I have Verizon. Is this going to effect functionality - I've seen in some forums people are saying you can't transfer the phonebook at all with Verizon?

email to KatherineBJones@Yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

I got my Sanyo Katana from Working Assets and too it to my dealership and one of the salespeople there did all the work for me in about ten minutes. The only problem I'm having so far is with the voice recognition function. I think I speak too slowly and use way too much expression in my voice. A clipped, robotic voice (coming from me) seems to work better.

http://www.workingassetswireless.com/

;)

• 2 weeks later...

CDFChief

Perhaps these instructions would be helpful but right now, I'm scratching my head on how to "register" a new Bluetooth compatiblle cell phone with my RH400. Both my wife and I changed cell phone providers and following the instructions in the owner's manual seems to hit a dead end. Following instructions: Info -> Telephone -> Settings -> ? Our Bluetooth menu does not have a "Add" function on the settings screen as indicated in the owners manual. Where did it go? These are both 2006 RH400