Using Razr Cell Phone With Rx 400 H

After futile attempts to transfer my Motorola Razr cell phonebook to my new RX400H, I finally figured it out. The dealer was very little help and Motorola referred me to a website that was too brief, flawed and confusing. I am normally very adept at electronics, computers and other equipment.

I will email anyone in need that has this combination of cell phone and Lexus, the step by step instructions to transfer your cell phone numbers to your Lexus Navigation system. Maybe I can save some of you a flurry of headaches. I wish I was able to contact someone on this forum for guidance.

CDFChief

The instructions for a Motorola Razr using Verizon and Cingular should be the same for transferring the cell phonebook information to the navigation system. Unfortunately, you have to transfer the information one number at a time.

The instructions for a Motorola Razr using Verizon and Cingular should be the same for transferring the cell phonebook information to the navigation system. Unfortunately, you have to transfer the information one number at a time.

You can't transfer the phonebook at all with a Verizon Razr.

• 2 weeks later...

Bluetooth Instructions for a Motorola Razr using Cingular

Press INFO on Navigation System

Press Telephone on Navigation System

Press Settings (you may have to toggle page)

Press Transfer Phone Book

Open phonebook on Razr

Select phone number to transfer

Press top middle button (-)

Press up arrow (^) to highlight Send

Press Select button

Press Select button again to begin transfer

Unfortunately, you have to transfer one number at a time

Bluetooth_Instructions_for_a_Motorola_Razr_using_Cingular.doc

I just bought a Lexus IS250 today with navigation system. I have a Motorola Razr cell phone and can't find a way to successfully upload the phone book. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

:cries:

After futile attempts to transfer my Motorola Razr cell phonebook to my new RX400H, I finally figured it out. The dealer was very little help and Motorola referred me to a website that was too brief, flawed and confusing. I am normally very adept at electronics, computers and other equipment.

I will email anyone in need that has this combination of cell phone and Lexus, the step by step instructions to transfer your cell phone numbers to your Lexus Navigation system. Maybe I can save some of you a flurry of headaches. I wish I was able to contact someone on this forum for guidance.

CDFChief

Do you know if this notebook procedure works with the RX400H and Motorola Razr?

After much frustration, I purchased a Sprint Sony Ericksson T 608 on Ebay. This is a phone that Sprint no longer supports, I'm told. It allows transfer of an entire phone book as "business cards" to my RX 400. Unlike newer phones, its bluetooth is entirely unlocked. I have not activated the phone - no need. I just use it to transfer numbers. Doesn't matter who your provider is! Also, most older GSM bluetooth phones allow full transfer. Perhaps you have a friend with a phone that will transfer. Beats one number at a time.

I have a similar problem upload phone book from Razr V3 to LX 470. It only uploaded one number at a time.Can you please advise how you did this on the RX400H.

Thanks

Mike P

mpitonyak@heat-timer.com

Doesn't matter who your provider is! Also, most older GSM bluetooth phones allow full transfer. Perhaps you have a friend with a phone that will transfer. Beats one number at a time.

Its not the fact that its older phones, its the service provider. Sprint and Verizon lockout the data transfer features of their phones to keep you from sending pictures over Bluetooth instead of using their $.25 per picture PIX service. The phonebook transfer is just a byproduct. All Cingular or T Mobile phones will work since those providers don't cripple the Bluetooth profiles.

• 3 weeks later...

After much frustration, I purchased a Sprint Sony Ericksson T 608 on Ebay. This is a phone that Sprint no longer supports, I'm told. It allows transfer of an entire phone book as "business cards" to my RX 400. Unlike newer phones, its bluetooth is entirely unlocked. I have not activated the phone - no need. I just use it to transfer numbers. Doesn't matter who your provider is! Also, most older GSM bluetooth phones allow full transfer. Perhaps you have a friend with a phone that will transfer. Beats one number at a time.

So how do I get my phone book into the Sprint Sony Ericksson T608 in the first place? Do I have to manually type my contacts in one-by-one? that would be annoying. how much should this phone cost on ebay? are there any cheaper compatible phones out there? cingular maybe?

to get your phonebook to othere handy

option one: transfere handy phonebook to SIM card phonebook, take SIM card to othere handy and transfere SIM card phonebook to handy phonebook.

option two: connect your handy via bluetooth or serial cable to your PC and backup your phonebook (using a program like BVRP mobile phone tools or others), connect handy nummber two and restore phonebook from PC.

i hate to say it, but most motorola and nokia handys are not supporting "sending entire phonebook" via bluetooth. if you look for that you are better off with sonyericsson or siemens. to find out what handys are supporting this feature have a look at the attached "pairing procedure for bluetooth handsets" from Lexus Europe. but be carefull if you are using a handy from your GSM provider it may not have the same functionality as the one from the original manufacturer.

when i try to upload the file "pairing procedures" (a pdf file with 91k) i was getting this message in retourn.

"The requested file upload failed because suitable permissions have not been enabled on the 'uploads' directory. Please contact the board administrator and inform them of this error."

can anyone help?

So how do I get my phone book into the Sprint Sony Ericksson T608 in the first place? Do I have to manually type my contacts in one-by-one? that would be annoying. how much should this phone cost on ebay? are there any cheaper compatible phones out there? cingular maybe?

I had to put them in one at a time. It worked very easily. I got the phone on ebay. The battery,charger and phone were under $65. As a result the phone system in my RX400h is much more useful. Transfer to one-touch dialing was easy. Names appear for each one-touch entry. My only regret is I should have done it sooner. The problem with Cingular and the other gsm providers is the have limited rural service. I need the ability to roam analog.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

CDFChief

Yes, please email the directions to: swf635@gmail.com if it for transferring the complete phone book -- I know how to transfer one number at a time.

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

CDFChief

CDFChief

I got a Razr, and am in the trial perion, but I too am having trouble getting the PB into my LS430. Any help would be helpful.

HCP

• 1 month later...

You can't transfer the phonebook at all with a Verizon Razr.

Not true.

http://cavemonkey50.com/2006/04/verizon-en...sfers-on-razrs/

Mine transfered nice & easy.