Popping In Dash

I've got a new one. It's in the passenger door. I don't know if it's the speaker, or in the door, since I'm always driving the car. I'll have to take it in, and I'm sure the techs won't notice anything, cuz it won't do it when they have it......

I can just push the arrow button on my A/C, to warm up or cool off, and the dash will crack. Changing temps in the car, is what I say it is. That doesn't bother me as much since it's not a "consistent" rattle, meaning over and over and over and.......

Jay, let me know how you like the '09. I've been thinking about a new one, but with the economy going the way it is, have held off a little bit..........

47,000 miles on my 07 AWD - I have the same one in the passenger door - as yet unfixed. My cureall used to be to have them "lube" the seals - but that's not it. Also the moonroof started to make noises again. I drive with the passenger window cracked and the music on at least low - to drown out the noise. I got the dashboard issue too but I am done with trying to fix that - don't want the dash pulled off a third ime.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

yeah i have this same problem with my 09 IS 250 AWD....

it's like a crackling noise that come from the from of the car...around the dashboard area....at first i thought it was a whole bunch of leaves and twigs that got stuck under the hood and was moving around as i drove faster....

when im on rougher roads the sound gets louder.....

when i mentioned this to the dealershiop, they said that they would have to diagnose the problem by sending one of their mechanics out w/ me on a drive to recreate the sound so that they know where it's coming from...but i was too lazy and didn't have the time to do it....

now i just play music in the car when im on the freeway so i cnt hear it...