Has Anyone Used An "air Tornado" For Better Mpg

LRP_LS400

You want to increase your performance? Take the same amount of money those things cost to the bank, have them convert the cash into coins, then go find your nearest gang-banger and BEAM him in the face with the bag of coins....and FLOOR IT! That's about the same effect.

No, they don't work. Infact, I think they've caused a couple CEL to come on "check engine lights". :cheers:

I love the ad verbage...

..."precision laser cut from heavy gauge 304 stainless steel"

It looks like it was made out of a beer can cut with a dull knife

"Don't be fooled by imitations"

That thing is a direct ripoff of the "Tornado"

I'd love to write that BS for a living....Harness the power of a tornado... tornado-tune your engine.

I also love all of the conditions that he places on the auction...

"- If Negative Feedback is left for us after all parameters of this auction are met by Grille-Tech, Negative Feedback will be left to your eBay account, eBay will be notified and legal action could result. "

So if you're an idiot or the transaction goes bad because of something that you do and I leave negative feedback - then you'll leave negative feedback for me for no reason - sounds fair.

I especially like this one:

"Allow 1 to 2 weeks from date of payment for shipment of your order; however, most customers receive their orders within 1 week."

"It may take an extra week for me to drink enough beers to have the cans to make more of these things - order during football season when I have guaranteed stock."

I love the ad verbage...

..."precision laser cut from heavy gauge 304 stainless steel"

It looks like it was made out of a beer can cut with a dull knife

"Don't be fooled by imitations"

That thing is a direct ripoff of the "Tornado"

I'd love to write that BS for a living....Harness the power of a tornado... tornado-tune your engine.

I also love all of the conditions that he places on the auction...

"- If Negative Feedback is left for us after all parameters of this auction are met by Grille-Tech, Negative Feedback will be left to your eBay account, eBay will be notified and legal action could result. "

So if you're an idiot or the transaction goes bad because of something that you do and I leave negative feedback - then you'll leave negative feedback for me for no reason - sounds fair.

I especially like this one:

"Allow 1 to 2 weeks from date of payment for shipment of your order; however, most customers receive their orders within 1 week."

"It may take an extra week for me to drink enough beers to have the cans to make more of these things - order during football season when I have guaranteed stock."

:D Funny Stuff :D

Some guys in a dirt bike forum I browse said that they did see an increase of hp with one of these tornado type things. They put it on the dyno before and after, and sure enough, it went up. Now, a LS will be probably a different story from a Yamaha dirt bike.

I'd try one for the sake of gas mileage if they were local so that I could return if it didn't work.

blake:

Some guys in a dirt bike forum I browse said that they did see an increase of hp with one of these tornado type things. They put it on the dyno before and after, and sure enough, it went up. Now, a LS will be probably a different story from a Yamaha dirt bike.

It might not be that far out of the realm of possibility that a two stroke, reed valved, single cylinder, naturally aspirated & carburated engine "could" see an increase in HP.

Whereas a four stroke, traditional valved, multi cylinder, "throttle bodied/air chambered/intake manifolded" engine probably would not benefit at all.

I'm not likely to buy one anytime soon.................

It didn't make a difference on my LS.

On my Jeep wrangeler with a 4 cyl, it gets 4-5mpg better. anyware form 18-20mpg. This is with 31" tires and 4.56 gears. I think the it works best on a vehicle that always has the trottle wide open, our LS always are just barely cracked open when cruising

I work in the copper industry, mainly around the acid plant part of it, so I get to see a lot of stainless steel. The tornado is not cheaply build and like a soda can.

It's been a while since i've looked into this forum, but some of you guys need to learn to be a little more tacful in your opinons, or at least be able to offer some type of insite as to why your so negative to something.

On my Jeep wrangeler with a 4 cyl, it gets 4-5mpg better. anyware form 18-20mpg. It's been a while since i've looked into this forum, but some of you guys need to learn to be a little more tacful in your opinons, or at least be able to offer some type of insite as to why your so negative to something.

Do you actually believe that some flake working in his basement could develop a "tornado" device that would improve fuel mileage nearly 25%? And that a major company like Toyota-Lexus would somehow miss a revolutionary idea like that? I don't think so. Your anecdotal evidence is questionable.

These types of devices that produce turbulence and so on in the intake tract have been around for years. I remember ones that were installed under the carburetor, and were popular in the early seventies. They didn't work either.

I also don't think that any of us need your advice to be more "tacful" (tactful) or to support our arguments for or against any differently than we already do. I have always found this forum to do that very well, and is arguably one of the best automotive forums around.

On my Jeep wrangeler with a 4 cyl, it gets 4-5mpg better. anyware form 18-20mpg. This is with 31" tires and 4.56 gears. I think the it works best on a vehicle that always has the trottle wide open, our LS always are just barely cracked open when cruising

I work in the copper industry, mainly around the acid plant part of it, so I get to see a lot of stainless steel. The tornado is not cheaply build and like a soda can.

It's been a while since i've looked into this forum, but some of you guys need to learn to be a little more tacful in your opinons, or at least be able to offer some type of insite as to why your so negative to something.

OK :whistles: :whistles: :whistles: :whistles: :whistles:

I had a Jeep with a 4banger in it too, with 31 x 10.50s on it...the thing would not get out of its own way. :angry: Have a I6 in my Cherokee that I have now, if you are getting 4-5 miles more per gallon with that tornado in your wrangler - you can put it on my Cherokee and...then I will have a Cherokee hybrid I suppose?????

I would have a open mind about something that could work but I can not see how that is anything more than a joke!

Most everyone on this forum tries to help each other out...tactfully!!!!