Rock Chips And Scratches

I'm a detailer too ;)

The NXT tech wax is actually synthetic, it is not a carnuaba wax. Its kind of like a "synthetic wax"...

The issue is that NXT Tech wax has a LOT of cleaners and solvents. It actually is mildly abrasive, you could apply it with a machine and a polishing pad and it would remove light swirls.

It does not work well with Klasse because the cleaners and solvents in the NXT remove the Klasse layer underneath.

It won't do any harm and your car will obviously still look fresh and be protected, its just the Klasse step is wasted, you'd have the same results if you just applied the NXT without the Klasse since NXT cannot be layered over sealants.

My suggestion? If you want the additional protection of the Klasse but a top layer of carnuaba, try using a pure paste wax over the Klasse. What color is your car?

Some good pure carnuaba paste waxes:

Pinnacle Souveran

P21S

Meguiars #16

There are plenty.

Any liquid wax is not layerable because the solvents they use to make it liquid will remove any sealant layer beneath it when its applied.

My cars color is dark charcoal. I heard the p21S is great. I think i'll give it a shot. Thanks man.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I have a black IS350 that I bought 5/31/07. It now has just over 21k miles. The front bumper and hood look awful. They are pitted and have scratches everywhere! I maintain the car regularly, polish it about every 6 to 8 weeks. I am very disappointed with the way the paint looks. My truck is over ten years old, has 140k miles on it and looks much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Again...your truck is 10 years old and does not have the water based eco-friendly paint we are talking about.

Trucks and SUVs tend to be less prone to road debris also because they sit higher up...

• 1 month later...