Hopeful Buyer

and i will be getting one soon hopefully.

thanks for reading, hopefully I can get some good info off of here.

just a lil background on my situaiton. I have a 72 nova, im going to sell it within the next couple of months for a *BLEEP* load of money. the idea is, buy a 94-99 sc 300-400, pimp the *BLEEP* out of it, and then have a couple of bucks left over.

so, what would be helpful for you to inform/assist me on is:

your personal suggestions for which particular model/year i should buy and why?

your favorite performance parts and oem parts website

informing me about how much a straight, bolt on turbo costs and difficulty of installation is (I have a background in car work, but not on imports, except for a little work i did on my mercedes)

how do these cars hold their miles?

in recent years, do you feel their deprecation rate has been going down significantly or at a lower than normal rate?

if your still reading, I just thought I should mention i read that performance sticky, wow that was some piece of work, great copy and pasting, haha just kiddin it was really helpful. I hope i don't ask to many questions that were asked in there.

if your interested, why don't you upload your favorite picture of an sc (maybe your own eh?)

maybe individuals that have their specs/modifications of their sc would like to upload them so i can get an idea of what should be done to make these cars sweet.

is there a performance chip I can put in these cars?

alrite, I've rambled enough, I know that probably a lot of veterans on this board will get mad at me for asking so many questions in one posting, but life goes on.

Thanks

the king

and no, whatever these emoticons thing are, you can't use them on this page, they are ugly.

Depends on what you mean by bolt on. Check out boostlogic.com like I had said before and under the lexus sc portion it gives you a description of what you get. What you get here is what you would get from any other place for a turbo for the sc and possibly a little more, the difference is quality and I'm assuming quality is what you want.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want power then forget about the sc400, much easier to get what you need outta the 300. Probably the most desirable would be the 97 5spd, but 92s still look great and hold up very well. As said above, boostlogic has your answers as far as bolt ons, but you have a couple basic options. You can do 2jzna-T, 2jzgte, or 1jzgte. More info on those can probably be found in the performance sticky, on boostlogic site, or by searching this or similar forums. www.intellexual.net has oodles of information as well, read up and happy hunting.