Dashboard Protection

What's the best product to use on the new non-glare dash boards? I tried using ArmorAll but it made the dash a little too shiny for my liking. I'm tempted to try the vinyl protectant that Lexus sells but I wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions before I do that. Thanks in advance.

In my experience the two products that leave the least shine on matte dashboards are:

Poorboys Natural Look

http://pakshak.com/poorboys-natural-look-16oz.html

1Z Teinfenfpleger

http://pakshak.com/1z-vinyl-rubber-care-500ml.html

Wipe them in, let them soak in for 10 min or so, then wipe down with a damp towel, then buff dry.

• 2 months later...

A dashmat? UG-ly.

Why not use protective chemical products designed for this application?

As for 303, I like 303 but its still a little too shiny for me.

• 1 month later...

Whatever happened to the Armorall product that was called "Low Shine" or "Low Sheen" or something like that. Came in a black spray bottle. I loved it for my interiors, and had a scent that reminded me of a fine cigar. Can't find it anymore.

I would suggest a Turtle Wax product, or when you apply the others mentioned do not apply it directly to the board just to an applicator which will not leave as much shine.

C. PR

I suggest you purchase a "Dashmat" for your car and not put the chemicals into the vehicle.

I don't like my dashboard all shiny either, but I just use a small amount of Armor All, and wipe it on the dash, and usually it isn't shiny. Just make sure you've equally applied it to all areas. :)

• 12 years later...

There's a great product you all can apply to dashboards and even leather for PERMANENT PROTECTION is not oily, permanently protects against uv and dirt will never stick to surfaces. The only thing is, is too shiny, but it's PERMANENT and all you have to do is wipe it off. It's called Trydon.

thumbnail_20180813_155648.jpg

thumbnail_20180813_155653.jpg

thumbnail_20180819_152122.jpg

thumbnail_20180819_152150.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...