Sirius Satellite Radio

Does anybody know the arrival date for the Sirius satellite radio units for the 06 IS250? I called my local dealership and all the have is XM. I couldn't get a straight answer for the date when Sirius will be available. Does anybody have any inside info? Thanks in advance.

I ordered one today from lexus-parts.com today. 299.00

link below

http://lexus-parts.com/partlist.asp?SubCat...=99&ModelID=151

I tried to order from the same place last week. I got a call from a guy who works at Sewall Lexus, the dealer that runs the site. He told me that the Sirius units were all on backorder and there were 20 people ahead of me to get them. With that in mind, he told me not to expect the radio any time soon.

What exactly are we getting when we order it through Lexus?

Is this a kit which comes with a color coded Antenna Cover, or is this a typical Sirius install?

If the stereo is already satellite ready, you can order a kit from just about anywhere ( I recommend Crutchfield)

It's just a signal receiver box, and a few wires to run.

If this is something that looks factory with color coded parts and stuff, it may be worth the wait, and price.

Otherwise, I'd look elsewhere.

What exactly are we getting when we order it through Lexus?

Is this a kit which comes with a color coded Antenna Cover, or is this a typical Sirius install?

If the stereo is already satellite ready, you can order a kit from just about anywhere ( I recommend Crutchfield)

It's just a signal receiver box, and a few wires to run.

If this is something that looks factory with color coded parts and stuff, it may be worth the wait, and price.

Otherwise, I'd look elsewhere.

Those kits in crutchfield are brand specific. In other words, a Kenwood receiver box will only work with a Kenwood head unit. The same goes for Pioneer and so on and so forth. The kit from Lexus is a receiver that is installed behind the stock radio and is brand specific to the stock head unit.

Those kits in crutchfield are brand specific. In other words, a Kenwood receiver box will only work with a Kenwood head unit. The same goes for Pioneer and so on and so forth. The kit from Lexus is a receiver that is installed behind the stock radio and is brand specific to the stock head unit.

Yes, this I understand.

And just as they make units for Kenwood and Pioneer, they also make units to fit factory head units like GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc...

Crutchfield does not yet offer a Lexus model (Noticed that after my last post) :blushing: but it's on the way.

All I am saying is that if it's a typical Sirius unit, $300- is too much.

If it included color coded antennas and such, I may consider the cost, but a regular sirius unit should not cost $300

Just a 250 last night and am loving it. :) I have a Sirius receiver from my previous car but would rather not hardwire and mount the receiver to the windshield like my last car. Lexus does make a piece that can plug into the stock radio so that I can listen to Sirius??? That would be great any info would be greatly appreciated

Just a 250 last night and am loving it. :) I have a Sirius receiver from my previous car but would rather not hardwire and mount the receiver to the windshield like my last car. Lexus does make a piece that can plug into the stock radio so that I can listen to Sirius??? That would be great any info would be greatly appreciated

It's posted above...

http://lexus-parts.com/partlist.asp?SubCat...=99&ModelID=151

I just personally think that $299 is a bit high.