Audio Input/output Sockets

I've heard from a few people that it is relatively easy to plug in an audio input wire into the back of a GS's stereo system as they come with free input jacks. I recently just purchased an iPod fm transmitter and was very disapointed with its performance and heard about this extra input jack in most Lexus stereos. So, I wanted to get the cable and peal away the carpet and plug in an input wire for my iPod. Is this true? If so have any of you done this?

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

I've heard from a few people that it is relatively easy to plug in an audio input wire into the back of a GS's stereo system as they come with free input jacks. I recently just purchased an iPod fm transmitter and was very disapointed with its performance and heard about this extra input jack in most Lexus stereos. So, I wanted to get the cable and peal away the carpet and plug in an input wire for my iPod. Is this true? If so have any of you done this?

Thanks.

I too would like to know if this is possible. I have a 99 es300 though.

I've heard from a few people that it is relatively easy to plug in an audio input wire into the back of a GS's stereo system as they come with free input jacks.

This is not true. There are no (non proprietary) A/V input in the rear of the headunit.