Idle Air Control Valve

Suddenly the engine stops as soon as car idles, on signals & stop & go traffic, I have to apply brake & accelerator together to keep the engine running. After review of pervious posts - I pulled out IACV and cleaned it with whole can of Throttle body cleaner - still the same problem - no change - any other thoughts - Is there anyother thing responsible for this problem. :(

Suddenly the engine stops as soon as car idles, on signals & stop & go traffic, I have to apply brake & accelerator together to keep the engine running. After review of pervious posts - I pulled out IACV and cleaned it with whole can of Throttle body cleaner - still the same problem - no change - any other thoughts - Is there anyother thing responsible for this problem. :(

Check the the hose that connects the air cleaner assembly and your throttle body for cracks. If it's cracked, tape it up until you can buy a new hose.

Thanks for the advise. The only hose which is worn out and does not attach correctly to the IACV is PS Air Hose which is highlighted in red below. All other hoses are connected fine without any sign of damage.

IS this the hose responsibe for Vaccum Leak??

Thanks in advance for the help.

post-4105-1142222009_thumb.jpg

When I am stopped at a light or something, my car seems like it's going to die but it doesn't rev itself up to catch it before it cuts off, it just goes idles real low and kind of sputters/hesistates for a few seconds...any suggestions?

smasood any leak after an air sensor will cause running problems. If the PS hose is damaged, then ya that'll cause a leak.

mairella start by cleaning your IAC valve (And throttlebody & EGR valve), then proceed to check for vacuum leaks.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I replaced P1 air hose and there was no change. I finally took out whole air intake system and checked IACV. Ohm meter does not show any resistance between B1 & S1 terminal. All other terminals show a resistance of 20 Ohms. Does this means I have to change IACV.

2. From Lexus it is available for $400 & from Advance auto parts it costs around $200. Do you think it is necessary to buy original part or the car will be ok with advance auto part.

post-4105-1143306048_thumb.jpg

post-4105-1143306162_thumb.jpg