Just Ordered Is350! How Long?

Hey everyone

First time poster here. I just ordered a loaded IS350. I'm so excited about it! Got the smoky granite mica with black leather. This is my first venture into the luxury car market, so it's a whole new experience. I've wanted a BMW my whole life but I drove both and the Lexus was better hands down IMO.

I was wondering, for those of you who odrdered one, how long did it take? I've heard 7 weeks, but another dealer told me 3 months!

congrats!!! I ordered my IS350 Jan 15th and picked it up Feb 24th. It is worth every dollar!!! It will be the longest 7 weeks of your life!!!

heh double that because I'm headin out to vegas for a week 7 weeks from today, so that could be the greatest 2 weeks of all time :cheers:

OH my God...

Dealer just called me and said he's getting a 350 with exactly my specs (SGM over black w/lux/nav) in TOMORROW....got all the credit squared away tonight, should have delivery tomorrow or Wednesday! I can't WAIT!!

OH my God...

Dealer just called me and said he's getting a 350 with exactly my specs (SGM over black w/lux/nav) in TOMORROW....got all the credit squared away tonight, should have delivery tomorrow or Wednesday! I can't WAIT!!

Cool. I think you'll really like it.

OH my God...

:cries: congrads.... :cries:

I ordered one last week also... but its looking more and more like June....

One thing that I have noticed about dealing with Lexus Dealers... they do not care for your business it seems like... its like they know there are 100 more just like me... so they will not bend over 2 help you out... I have had a call in to my Sales rep since Saturday... and I just call once a day... always get her voice mail... but I guess she is 2 busy selling cars.... :unsure:

Guess I need to start being more aggressive....

Has anyone heard when Lexus would start accepting orders for 07 models?

Any ideas on slight changes/modifications compared to the 06 model?

I've heard $1500 jump in price, but that's the only info I got from the dealer.

I have no problem to get IS350 but I waited about 1 week for black/black w/ luxury pkg + navi/levinson + accessory pkg + spoiler. If you don't care about color much you should be able to get it right away. Good luck.

Okay so I am a little confused here....just special ordered an IS350 w/ sports,nav/Levi, etc and the dealer told me 3 months. It sounds like others received theirs in weeks rather than months....what gives here? Was the dealer just being ultra-conservative and I should expect it sooner than 3 months?

Okay so I am a little confused here....just special ordered an IS350 w/ sports,nav/Levi, etc and the dealer told me 3 months. It sounds like others received theirs in weeks rather than months....what gives here? Was the dealer just being ultra-conservative and I should expect it sooner than 3 months?

If you get your actual order car, it will be 3-4 months. Dealers get in about 1 unit per month, my rep called me a few days after I placed my order and said the car with my exact specs was coming in the next day, and the rest was history.

Great Forum... I just found it after I bought my IS 350.

I feel guilty in saying this only because the normal wait for these appear to be 8-10 weeks. Last week I went into my local dealership (having already test driven the 350) and inquired about the car, color and features I wanted. Tungsten Pearl, Black Interior, Sport Package, Ground Effects and 18" G-Spyder wheels. The dealer looked at me with an expression of "That's going to take a while to get". But without a word, made a phone call to inquire. When he got off the phone the expression turned to, "I don't believe it". He said to me, "Well, this rarely happens, but that EXACT car you just described is on a truck to this dealership and will be here in... 5 DAYS!!!". I picked it up yesterday and still haven't set my feet on the ground.

I have found this forum highly valuable and will contribute as best as I can.

To all you pre-order owners... the wait is worth it.

-Reaper (Not my real name). :)

Great Forum... I just found it after I bought my IS 350.

I feel guilty in saying this only because the normal wait for these appear to be 8-10 weeks. Last week I went into my local dealership (having already test driven the 350) and inquired about the car, color and features I wanted. Tungsten Pearl, Black Interior, Sport Package, Ground Effects and 18" G-Spyder wheels. The dealer looked at me with an expression of "That's going to take a while to get". But without a word, made a phone call to inquire. When he got off the phone the expression turned to, "I don't believe it". He said to me, "Well, this rarely happens, but that EXACT car you just described is on a truck to this dealership and will be here in... 5 DAYS!!!". I picked it up yesterday and still haven't set my feet on the ground.

I have found this forum highly valuable and will contribute as best as I can.

To all you pre-order owners... the wait is worth it.

-Reaper (Not my real name). :)

Did you get the Nav/ML package?? Thats the color I am waiting for... I even widen my options to White, SGM or Tungston... with black leather.... no word yet... :(

Congrads on the good news... :cheers:

Yes, I got the Nav/ML package as well. I've seen a few post where folks who say they didn't need the ML package because they're not audiophiles and they won't hear the difference. All I can say is, you don't need to have golden ears to hear the difference. It is worth it... if you want it.

Hello everyone, just picked up my IS250 last night, and damn am i loving it :) I didnt want to come to work this morning just so i could drive it. I wanted the AWD for the Jersey snowy days so i got the 250. Looked at every car in the price range (TSX, TL, CTS, 3 Series, etc.) but fell in love with the lexus. Its my first one so im very excited.

People People People...... I am buying all my cars from a car broker and not only he gives me the best deal on any car, he also calls ALL the dealerships to see which one has the car I want.

I usually get my car in any color shape or form that I choose in...... TWO DAYS tops!

Never let me down, not with the price and not with finding the car.

I dont know.... maybe also because it's L.A. and things happen fast around here.

The dealer always wait for shipment and these car brokers don't. They get from dealers for invoice and make a little bit more on top.

This is based on my own personal experience.

Thank you and good luck to you all.

I have the Navi system but passed on the ML package. I am huge audio person however with all the bells and whistles with the Navi system, talking on the phone, voice activation I lived with the stock system. The stock system is not that bad at all, cannot complain so far.

• 2 weeks later...

People People People...... I am buying all my cars from a car broker and not only he gives me the best deal on any car, he also calls ALL the dealerships to see which one has the car I want.

I usually get my car in any color shape or form that I choose in...... TWO DAYS tops!

Never let me down, not with the price and not with finding the car.

I dont know.... maybe also because it's L.A. and things happen fast around here.

The dealer always wait for shipment and these car brokers don't. They get from dealers for invoice and make a little bit more on top.

This is based on my own personal experience.

Thank you and good luck to you all.

Well what did you find out!? Did you get the color and car you wanted? Time?