Just Purchase 99 Gs300 With 118k

Hey guys and gals, I just purchase a 99 GS 300 with 118,800 miles on the motor. Isn't

the GS300 driven by a chain instead of a timing belt??? Another question is, when I press

"lock" on the remote, it lock all the doors but the driver door is not lock. What's wrong

with that? Is there something I have to do? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys and gals, I just purchase a 99 GS 300 with 118,800 miles on the motor. Isn't

the GS300 driven by a chain instead of a timing belt??? Another question is, when I press

"lock" on the remote, it lock all the doors but the driver door is not lock. What's wrong

with that? Is there something I have to do? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

I have gs400 it has belt. I would definitely have that looked asap since its past due at 118K

When u press lock, all doors should lock.

When you press open only one time, the drivers door unlocks only. However, when you press it two times (like double click) it should open all doors, thats how it works.

Also, if you leave the door unlocking press down it should open all your windows and sunroof. (mine does that)

and then you have the trunk button, but thats just common sense :geek:

Congrats and enjoY!

Thanks Sean for the help. I sure will take a good look under the hood for signs of

trouble. Eventhough this car is for my wife, "in the summer time" it'll be my car

in the fall to spring. I have to tell you guys that at 118K miles, that car runs a lot

better than my 00 Audi A4 with 53K miles.