Es 300 Body Problem

Hi,

I had a accident and right know I've a problem to bay body parts for ES 300 (1996). I live in Poland and as I know this model ES was design for US market (there is no parts for this model in Poland only for GS and other models) . My question is: have GS 300 and ES 300 the same parts (I mean if the doors and glass are the same) or is possieble to use other makes parts (I mean Toyota camry or other toyota model).

Thax for any help (and sorry for my english).

Best Andy from Poland

:(

post-24049-1141942440_thumb.jpg

post-24049-1141943574_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear about the accident... looks like it was pretty serious. Glad you're alright.

My opinion is that you will have problems fitting your ES with non-ES parts. Although, since the ES is based on the Camry, maybe some Camry parts would work?

There are other ES owners on this board who will know far more about part compatibility than I.

Sorry to hear about the accident... looks like it was pretty serious. Glad you're alright.

My opinion is that you will have problems fitting your ES with non-ES parts. Although, since the ES is based on the Camry, maybe some Camry parts would work?

There are other ES owners on this board who will know far more about part compatibility than I.

Thax chadmg7 for your help.

All best

Andy

Scrap it.

Even in the US that is literally more in repair work, and parts than the entire car is worth. I couldn't imagine the parts costs you will be looking at in Eastern Europe. If you lived here... My unprofessional eyes sees $9,000-$10,000usd in parts/labor costs.

I'm sorry. :'(

Scrap it.

Even in the US that is literally more in repair work, and parts than the entire car is worth. I couldn't imagine the parts costs you will be looking at in Eastern Europe. If you lived here... My unprofessional eyes sees $9,000-$10,000usd in parts/labor costs.

I'm sorry. :'(

Hi

For lexus Gs all this parts in Poland around 1000-1300$ labor cost 1000$ is not to much. Car is worth around 7000-9000

Thax for your replay

Andy

You're very welcome! Eh, if labor rates & parts are just insanely cheap there. I guess. :unsure: $2000usd? (6,514.86 Polish Zloty)

Here, count $1000 per replacing a body panel, About $800 if a panel can be beated out & saved. Including a re-paint+prep for paint to get a match.

$2000 doors

$1500 a new roof section + pillars welded in

$1500 structural frame damage *between* the wheel wells replaced / fixed

$1000 rear 1/4 panel

$1000 front 1/4 panel

$500 for hood

I'm up to $7500 for superficial damage @ 3:45am. ;)

Not including any possible mechanical problems & a few interior trim pieces (no big deal).

There is very major damage to this car. It's *not* replacing a couple of doors. It's unbolting the body work & cutting part of the frame out & welding new metal in.

B00002247I.01.PT01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

You can use any *mechanical* part off a Camry. You can't use a single body panel off one without *extremely* extencive modification.

Good luck with it man. Let us know how it goes!!!

You're very welcome! Eh, if labor rates & parts are just insanely cheap there. I guess. :unsure: $2000usd? (6,514.86 Polish Zloty)

Here, count $1000 per replacing a body panel, About $800 if a panel can be beated out & saved. Including a re-paint+prep for paint to get a match.

$2000 doors

$1500 a new roof section + pillars welded in

$1500 structural frame damage *between* the wheel wells replaced / fixed

$1000 rear 1/4 panel

$1000 front 1/4 panel

$500 for hood

I'm up to $7500 for superficial damage @ 3:45am. ;)

Not including any possible mechanical problems & a few interior trim pieces (no big deal).

There is very major damage to this car. It's *not* replacing a couple of doors. It's unbolting the body work & cutting part of the frame out & welding new metal in.

B00002247I.01.PT01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

You can use any *mechanical* part off a Camry. You can't use a single body panel off one without *extremely* extencive modification.

Good luck with it man. Let us know how it goes!!!

Priceses of parts for GS in poland:

door complet 300$ (per pcs.)

structural frame between wheel 350$ ect.

Front is OK.

My cusin is mechanic and he has special frame to align the car. Cost of work around 300-350$.Cost of painting 400$.

I really appreciative of you help.

best

I'm with ToysrMe on this. This is SERIOUS damage, that car would be totalled even if it were a brand new LS430. I highly doubt you'll be able to make that car drive properly again, it looks to me like the drivers side is impacted at least 1.5 feet.

Your friend may be a mechanic, but is he a body repair tech? Thats $8-10k in damage.

Hi,

I had a accident and right know I've a problem to bay body parts for ES 300 (1996). I live in Poland and as I know this model ES was design for US market (there is no parts for this model in Poland only for GS and other models) . My question is: have GS 300 and ES 300 the same parts (I mean if the doors and glass are the same) or is possieble to use other makes parts (I mean Toyota camry or other toyota model).

Best Andy from Poland

Get rid of it. Even if by some miracle you can obtain the parts (I doubt if GS parts will work) and get them shipped to Poland, that car will never be right again. You're looking at major structural damage.

Hi,

Best Andy from Poland

Get rid of it. Even if by some miracle you can obtain the parts (I doubt if GS parts will work) and get them shipped to Poland, that car will never be right again. You're looking at major structural damage.

Part it out and look for another one.

chances are, it wasnt his fault (tho i dont know) cause it seems like somebody hit him from the side. Meaning, even if his car is totalled, he might be able to get another one? for less from insurance? BTW, how did you get that car in poland?