Wont Start, Where Does This Cable Go?

Hi,

last few months our 91 ES250 has been going totally dead and wont start. Once this happened at a mechanic shop and the mechanic person wiggled the cables around the battery and it started. So, next times I ask my wife to wiggle the cables and I try to start the car and it starts... One day even that didnt work..

I saw this cable dangling around and am wondering is that the lose cable that came lose with all the wiggling and shaking of the cables... my wife doesnt remember if it was lose and hanging around or not..

As before, now also, there's a very very faint sound when trying to turn the key to start..

The battery is also FULLY CHARGED so thats not the issue.

Attaching the pic, hopefully the pic will show. Can anyone tell if this cable is supposed to hang lose or should go somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

s.

post-9475-1141921314_thumb.jpg

here's a more wider shot. would you pls tell me which one exactly is the starter solenoid? pardon my ignorance.

i looked closely today again, and i didnt see a similar port in any open/visible area where the this wire can go to..

thanks again.

s.r.

post-9475-1141937176_thumb.jpg