Add Bazooka Tube To Mark Levinson

Anyone here added a subwoofer to there MArk Levinson Sound system. The system is great just missing some down low thump.

I had a powered bazooka tube in my 2001 Pathfinder with Bose system and it was a great addition. Has anyone added one to the MArk Levinson system ?

Thanks Peter

Oh yeah - I just got a 2002 GS300 SportDesign - love it

wow how in the world did you blow the alternator

i have a bunch of junk in mine and it works great

i don't think the tube will do anything in that car as it has a trunk

in a pathfinder it is open inside and can flow the air around

unlike int eh trunk

even if you replace the speaker and used it as a port

i blew a few alternaters in my old car from heavy amps and sound systems.i had 2 rockford fosgate punch 800 2 channel amps up to 2 12inch jl audio w6s and watched my alternater blow like a atom bomb.lol!been there done that!certin car alternators can handle more then others but i dont think that lexus ones can handle as much power as i just explained.if your just looking to put a tube in then your fine.

• 5 months later...

I previously had a 6" or 8" bazooka (I can't remember which) in an Accord EX. It was installed in the trunk and I had it in there for about 9 years. I thought it had a great sound and great value. It was amplified, so I could adjust the volume and freqency to get it to sound exactly the way I wanted it. So I'd say thumbs up to the bazooka!

liek i mentioned

tube subwoofers are great in an open air vehicle like a hatchback or suv

they work ok in a trunk vehicle as well bbut in an open air convertible they are a waste of time as it needs to reverberate against something

I put in my 12in Boston Pro sub with my competition series Zapco amp. Thats all I wanted, I left the head unit alone. Better resale anyways.

WELL I HAVE THE NAKAMICHI SYSTEM IN MY ARISTO AND ALL I DID WAS RIPPED OUT THE OLD AMP AND PUT IN A SONY AMP. I RAN ALL THE STOCK SPEAKERS AND TWEETERS TO THE HEAD UNIT AND DEDICATED THE AMP TO THE STOCK SUB ALONE. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH THE COMBINATION. LEXUS HAD TUNED THEIR FACTORY SO LOW THAT YOU DIDN'T GET THE FULL POTENTIAL OF THE FACTORY SUB. YOU CAN ACTUALLY HERE MY STOCK SYSTEM COMING DOWN THE STREET PLUS BASS. NOT BAD FOR NAKAMICHI. I DON'T KNOW IF MARK LEVINSON CAN HANG WITH THIS SYSTEM.

-TWINTURBO619

Ive got two diff systems sitting in my garage. One is Power Station 12", can't remember the brand exactly, tube one with built in amp. Another 2 12" MTX 6000 I think, w/ MTX amp. Which one would you guys put?

Ive got two diff systems sitting in my garage. One is Power Station 12", can't remember the brand exactly, tube one with built in amp. Another 2 12" MTX 6000 I think, w/ MTX amp. Which one would you guys put?

SORRY TO SAY, BUT THEY BOTH ARE NOT VERY GOOD SYSTEMS... ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT TO PUT IN A LEXUS. PUT SOMETHING OF MORE QUALITY LIKE JL AUDIO OR BOSTON ACOUSTICS. YOU WILL GET MUCH MORE QUALITY SOUND OUT OF THEM.

IF ANYTHING, GO WITH THE MTX SETUP. PERSONALLY I WOULD STICK TO JL AUDIO OR BOSTON ACOUSTICS.

-TWINTURBO619

I know exactly what you mean. I had JL Audio 12 W6 before & I thought it was way better then MTX. It's just happened to be that Ive got this 12" power station tube & those 2 12s MTX for absolutely FREE. So thats why i was considering one of those, otherwise I'd stick only with JL.