Is350 0-60?

Depends on who you want to believe. Lexus originally stated 5.6

Then Car & Driver's review stated 5.3, so Lexus started quoting that time.

But I have also read another review (I think it was R&T) that gave a 5.4 time

some say it does 5.3 some say 5.6 and some say 6.0 seconds.

what is the real 0-60 mph?

I would say 5.5 seconds is a good guess. I had raced a brand new one from a dead stop 0-60mph not to long ago and thought nothing of it at first until I saw that it was staying right with me and then I quickly hit the nos and pulled away cleanly.. I thought I was racing a new IS400 or something (that doesn't exist) and later found out it was the new 330. I really did not think I would need the nos for that race, but I sure did... I was impressed....

I would say 5.5 seconds is a good guess. I had raced a brand new one from a dead stop 0-60mph not to long ago and thought nothing of it at first until I saw that it was staying right with me and then I quickly hit the nos and pulled away cleanly.. I thought I was racing a new IS400 or something (that doesn't exist) and later found out it was the new 330. I really did not think I would need the nos for that race, but I sure did... I was impressed....

330? You mean ES330? Or did you get it wrong and you meant IS350?

Depends on who you want to believe. Lexus originally stated 5.6

Then Car & Driver's review stated 5.3, so Lexus started quoting that time.

It's true that Lexus had a mid 5 sec claim at first. C&D published a 5.1 sec result, but Lexus had the IS350 tested by some other independent organisation, who achieved 5.3 secs. That is Lexus's current claim.

5.3 from the Lexus but sales told me it could actually do 5.1. But I think 5.3 is fast enough :).

I wouldnt be surprised if it does 6.0 seconds like one magazine claims.

It does not feel like 5.3 for sure. (my opinion)

I reallly wouldn't stress about 0-60 times, it's quicker than anything in it's class(330, tl, g35, etc.) In fact, yesterday I was on my way to work and happened to pull up beside a 2002 corvette. We had already taunted each other back up the road, but I was anxious to see how quick I was from a dead stop. I switched into pwr mode and when the light turned green, I gunned it. My 350 handled it's own. He was only half a car length ahead of me as we approached the 80mph mark where we both let off the gas. Insurance is bad enough without a ticket. Although I really got beat, hey it was a corvette, what really made me feel good was when we got on up the road to another redlight and he shouted to me, "What do you got in that thing?" As if I was driving a '69 Camaro with a big block. My simple reply was, "It's stock". I love it. As if I didn't love the car enough already, I'm relly happy that I have vette owners worried with my car stock. I can't wait to start upgrading it, whenever these tuners start developing some decent stuff.

I reallly wouldn't stress about 0-60 times, it's quicker than anything in it's class(330, tl, g35, etc.) In fact, yesterday I was on my way to work and happened to pull up beside a 2002 corvette. We had already taunted each other back up the road, but I was anxious to see how quick I was from a dead stop. I switched into pwr mode and when the light turned green, I gunned it. My 350 handled it's own. He was only half a car length ahead of me as we approached the 80mph mark where we both let off the gas. Insurance is bad enough without a ticket. Although I really got beat, hey it was a corvette, what really made me feel good was when we got on up the road to another redlight and he shouted to me, "What do you got in that thing?" As if I was driving a '69 Camaro with a big block. My simple reply was, "It's stock". I love it. As if I didn't love the car enough already, I'm relly happy that I have vette owners worried with my car stock. I can't wait to start upgrading it, whenever these tuners start developing some decent stuff.

With all due respect the 2002 Vette that does 0-60 in the mid 4's..I must say either the one you raced was seriously out of tune, or he was toying with you.. I cannot beat that Vette and I clearly beat out the IS350, so I really don't think the race will be as close as you state if both cars we tuned and pressed.. Those Vettes grip much better off the line for one and mid range power is more impressive...Sorry pal, the IS350 are very fast for what they are....that is true, but they are no speed demon by any meens....

Corvette 0-60 is doing 4.9 and if its realy true... the IS350 is doing 5.1 so..... not big difference but... I am not sure about the 5.1 for the IS.

As for your car to be faster then an IS350..... I doubt it. Race one and get back to us.

Ok, Ok. So I may have been exagerrating a little bit. It might have been a whole car length. Due to the fact that I don't have the sophisticated electronics to measure a true 0-60 time, I just needed a real world test. An opportunity to test my new IS against a more heralded opponent seemed enticing. Regardless, my point was that Lexus did a really good job with the stock performance on the new IS. It just added to my satisfaction of my new purchase to have a corvette driver a little worried. I'm a car enthusiast, and actually really like pure American muscle. I wasn't at all downplaying the vette. I see him pretty often now on the road, and i'll make sure he knows when I start my upgrading. As for JIBBBY's SC, If he has nitrous like his story said, he probably did beat a stock IS.

Corvette 0-60 is doing 4.9 and if its realy true... the IS350 is doing 5.1 so..... not big difference but... I am not sure about the 5.1 for the IS.

As for your car to be faster then an IS350..... I doubt it. Race one and get back to us.

I did race one one month ago, and yes I was suprised with the speed and could not beat it with the base aprox. 300hp running on my modified sc400, but when I nailed the addition 100hp+nos system I raced past it...true story and I am not exaggerating at all... I raced a new Vette several months ago and got smoked off the line by 2 car lengths, I then hit the nos and stayed right behind it the whole way.. Could not catch it, pass it, or take it, but stayed with the 400hp new Vette... Very fast are those Vette's....That is all I have to say.. Again I said the IS350 is fast and suprised the hell out of me, but is no speed demon....I would say 5.5 seconds 0-60mph in my opinion... We raced from a dead stop at a red and I shut it down at about 70mph and was a several car lengths ahead of the IS350. I then got a thumbs up from the owner of the brand new IS350 at the next red, and I did the same while I was struggling to see which new Lexus it was.. I thought it was a new prototype IS430 but later saw the 350 emblem and was shocked....

I think any car with additional 100hp nos shot will kick !Removed!...Even a Dodge Neon... The IS350 would really be smoking with a 100hp nos system, and would most likely beat me but not by much.... However, please note that not too many smaller engines can handle nos systems over the long haul... The V8 IUZ..'s are the "PERFECT" engine for nos, that is why I did it. This is coming from the true racing nos pro's and not from me.. I have been running my nos almost daily for well over a year with no problems what so ever. My car is as reliable as stock, idles perfect, does not use oil, shifts smoothly, takeoffs can jerk your head back a bit if I am not careful, just a tap of the gas from a dead stop jerks the car forward unlike stock, this is all because of my upgraded DRAGON torque converter... (automatic cars only) Here are some pic's of my nos system... Again I would be careful and ask the pro's if nos can be used with the smaller 6 cylinder Lexus engine's over long periods of time... Nos simply wears out smaller engines fast, and non blue printed V8 engines as well over time... The reason being that nos is not a gradual excelleration of fuel intake like a pedal being pushed down, turbo's, or superchargers, etc..it is an instant burst of 100hp+ to the internals of a motor which can turn out to be a little too much stress for the smaller motors, or non blue printed motors to handle...However a 100hp nos shot is considered to be mild so with that being said just maybe the 6 cylinder Lex motor will eat the nos up with no problems. I can only speak about the V8 from my experiences and am happy to report no problems with the V8 IUZ..'s what so ever..they love nos these engines do, I kid you not..

These are pictures of both my 10lb and 15lb bottles of nos... oh and also if you are interested in nos and want to learn more please visit Lextreme.com forum and search under "nos" you will see many posts by me JIBBY and others to this regard... It is a very good cost effective way to get your car running with the big boys....

post-13978-1142628222_thumb.jpg

post-13978-1142628312_thumb.jpg

post-13978-1142628411_thumb.jpg

post-13978-1142628647_thumb.jpg

post-13978-1142628731_thumb.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think I press wrong button this letter is from gotIS06

guys I swear that I telling you this truth

hello, I had check this website as soon I got new IS350 after test drive it about 4 times in IS and other different cars like caddy cts, crystler 300c, acura tl and hummer h3. this IS is the best performance car I ever driven and I just love this car and the fifth time we test drive the IS it was my wife was driving it for about half hour and she says let buy it.

when we went out to dinner and I let my brother in law drive it and there was bmw 325 were beside me and I told him you wanna race him the bmw and he says yes and he change to shift mode and power button and we went racing when the green light flash and he was too suprise that the IS is very fast and beat the beemermeow. haha

about 1 week ago I was going to my mom's house and I was cruising and was ready to turn left and all of the sudden there was G35 was next to me and so I kept going and just check it out and next two light stop and he went to my left side and looks at me and when the green light flash and I was really think he will race so I punch the paddle and he want to go faster and I just push and it was so fast and all of sudden the chevy thaoe was front of him and I let go the gas to let him in and I punch gas again I was right behind him close to his bumper and for about more than 3/4 mile to 1 mile and all of sudden I looked at my speed meter and we we're going 108 mph and I got to stop and I was so shaking and worry about the cops and he stop and say is this new IS and I said yes andit is fast and I am looking forward to buy the intakes and buy twentys rims with lip in the rear. see next time later