Is350 Top Speed

Is there anyway to disable the speed limiter? I am mad that the top speed is limited at 142MPH :chairshot: . With 306BHP under the hood, it's ridiculous of not being able to exploit the actual top speed at appropriate moments. I am very interested in what the actual top speed is without the limiter (guessing around ~170+MPH base on the data provided here: RoadandTrack.com). I just hope it can be disabled as easily as turning off the traction control and the VDIM.

Is there anyway to disable the speed limiter? I am mad that the top speed is limited at 142MPH :chairshot: . With 306BHP under the hood, it's ridiculous of not being able to exploit the actual top speed at appropriate moments. I am very interested in what the actual top speed is without the limiter (guessing around ~170+MPH base on the data provided here: RoadandTrack.com). I just hope it can be disabled as easily as turning off the traction control and the VDIM.

What would a "Appropriate Moment" be??? :blink:

What would a "Appropriate Moment" be??? :blink:

Say... an autobahn! Or maybe a nice track that allows you to test the limit of your vehicles. It's just absurd not to have the ability to exploit the actual performance of your own vechicle. It must be a terrible feeling not able to reach the actual top speed on an autobahn due to a limiter while the [whatever car you like to put down here] cruises at 200+MPH (such as the 626BHP Merc SLR) B) .

Are you going to be bringing a 350 to Europe then? We haven't got it here!!! :ph34r:

There are plenty of tracks to bring a car on for a nice spin. It's really not an issue if the place exists or not because these places DO exist. I just need to know the code to disable the speed limiter forever, and use that speed at the right times :D . I start to doubt if this is the correct forum to ask such questions because the replies I got so far are not going anywhere :blink: . As cars continue to be made with great technologies like ABS, VSC/VDIM, traction control, speed limiters, etc., they are really taking away the driving experience. The IS is certainly a great car; however, with all those computers, (as many review articles have put it) the driving experience is no longer as fun as other RWD cars (like the 3-series, S2000 or even a TSX). I just hope there is a "M-mode" button somewhere. The M3/5 owners will certainly know what I mean.

Keep asking around. Ask on all the other Lexus forums. I don't think you'll get the answer.

Just trying to see if anybody would find something similar in terms of turning off the VDIM and traction control. I really don't think it is hard to disable the limiter. I am sure I will get an answer maybe in half a year when the mod enthusiasts crack the code. :lol: As of the moment, there are plenty of standard things that you can replace to make the car run faster. But with the limiter on, those things are really useless. One might as well find a way to boost the torque. :)

Keep asking around. Ask on all the other Lexus forums. I don't think you'll get the answer.

Just trying to see if anybody would find something similar in terms of turning off the VDIM and traction control. I really don't think it is hard to disable the limiter. I am sure I will get an answer maybe in half a year when the mod enthusiasts crack the code. :lol: As of the moment, there are plenty of standard things that you can replace to make the car run faster. But with the limiter on, those things are really useless. One might as well find a way to boost the torque. :)

I am one of these people that need more Torque on the 350 for sure.

I dont like the buttom end at all on the 350!

Kind of a strange request... so many factors to consider beyond simply looking for a silver bullet to over ride the speed limiter... tires, shocks, brakes, ride height, drag, and, oh yeah, the nut behind the wheel... things happen quick when it goes to sh#$# at a 100 mph... can imagine an average driver keeping up with all the bad things that could happen at 170... fact is, unless you tweaked your over the counter IS 350 with all of the things that make cars behave nicely when you venture on beyound the buck 50 mark I doubt that you would want to drive one that fast... and, now that I think of it, I can't think of any racing venues in this country where your stock IS 350 would see 170 short of Daytona or Talladega and then you would have to factor in that same old question, will the car be up for the run.

You would be better to invest your time an money in tweaking this fine car's handling and driving characteristics... think tires... than messing with the engine management system in an effort to make a Banzi/suicide run in the car... believe me... there is a skill factor involved in peddling a car into those mega digit speeds.... and yes, I've been there, done that...

lol almost every car company limits their top speed for a lot of reasons. One being that the tires might burst...cause 142 seems like an odd number to stop it, unlike the germans who limit it at 155. Also, its way way harder to disable the top speed, unlike the VDIM, you have to actually change the ECU settings

Kind of a strange request... so many factors to consider beyond simply looking for a silver bullet to over ride the speed limiter... tires, shocks, brakes, ride height, drag, and, oh yeah, the nut behind the wheel... things happen quick when it goes to sh#$# at a 100 mph... can imagine an average driver keeping up with all the bad things that could happen at 170... fact is, unless you tweaked your over the counter IS 350 with all of the things that make cars behave nicely when you venture on beyound the buck 50 mark I doubt that you would want to drive one that fast... and, now that I think of it, I can't think of any racing venues in this country where your stock IS 350 would see 170 short of Daytona or Talladega and then you would have to factor in that same old question, will the car be up for the run.

You would be better to invest your time an money in tweaking this fine car's handling and driving characteristics... think tires... than messing with the engine management system in an effort to make a Banzi/suicide run in the car... believe me... there is a skill factor involved in peddling a car into those mega digit speeds.... and yes, I've been there, done that...

I totally agree to what you put down regarding tweaking the car's handling and other driving properties. :rolleyes: If I do bring it to the track, all the OEM parts will have be replaced with something more "suitable". The IS certainly is no Enzo or even close to any super cars. Nevertheless, testing the actual limit on a well designed engine should be pretty darn fun. Of course, all the tires and brakes will have to be replaced for those moments. :lol: