Do Check Up/oil Change Need To Be Done At Dealer For Warranty?

Lyssuh330

Do I need to bring my car to the dealer for my each +5K check up/oil change to keep it under warranty or can I bring it anywhere? Thanks in advance.

Best is to read your warranty to see if it specifically requires you to take it to a dealer. My guess is that you can take it to any qualified mechanic. Since your first check up/oil change is free, you should take it in to the dealer at least for that one.

Do I need to bring my car to the dealer for my each +5K check up/oil change to keep it under warranty or can I bring it anywhere? Thanks in advance.

It is against U.S. federal law for Lexus or any automaker to void warranty because service is not performed by the dealer or using aftermarkets parts.

Direct quote from http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8128

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302©)

This federal law regulates warranties for the protection of consumers. The essence of the law concerning aftermarket auto parts is that a vehicle manufacturer may not condition a written or implied warranty on the consumers using parts or services which are identified by brand, trade, or corporate name (such as the vehicle maker's brand) unless the parts or service are provided free of charge.