'97 Landcruiser Anniversary Edition Vs. '97 Lx 450 - Best?

Mack

Hello -

I am trying to decide between these 2 models. Want to have a straight 6 cyl and front & rear differential option - that switch to left of steering wheel. From what we read, the Lexus has more creature comforts and the only potential downside is that it rocks a bit on the highway.

As they used to say about Packards "Ask a man who owns one" -- what do you think?

Thank you very much.

Hello -

I am trying to decide between these 2 models. Want to have a straight 6 cyl and front & rear differential option - that switch to left of steering wheel. From what we read, the Lexus has more creature comforts and the only potential downside is that it rocks a bit on the highway.

As they used to say about Packards "Ask a man who owns one" -- what do you think?

Thank you very much.

If I recall correctly, the LX-450 and LC Aniversery additions are basically the same in regards to the creature comforts, extra options etc..

LX-450 vs. the regular LC: Are the same from a motor and chassis standpoint, but as you've noted the LX-450 have some added creature comforts, but the LC's are by no means stripped down. They come pretty loaded too. The faux wood on the LC's is different than the LX's and generally will look like crap or have been removed by this time, whereas the LX's will still be prestine.

Really comes down to personal preferance. I actually liked the wheels better on the LX. Cost wise, you might do a little better on the LX's. When they're new, you've got a lot of people that will buy the Lexus for the extra comfort and the status symble. But as they get older and handed down, the mainstay Landcruiser enthusiest are more prevalent, so the demand is a little higher for those, and subsequently they are usually priced a little higher.

:beer:

Rookie

Yeah, we noticed about the status symbol thing -- it seems to be strong with new Lexus owners but "hardcore" Landcruiser people have their own "anti-Lexus" thing going.

Since we're looking to buy an almost 10 year old car, we really want reliable functioning with good looks.

We test drove a '97 Landcruiser yesterday & it was a bit bumpy...

Do you know if the front-rear differential is standard on all LX 450s?

Do you know if the front-rear differential is standard on all LX 450s?

I assume you're talking about locking differentials on the front and rear, and no they are not standard. IIRC, something like 7 to 10% came with locking front and rear diffs from the factory.

As Rookie said, the locking front/rear differentials were not standard.

They were available on both Land Cruisers and LX 450s.

The LX 450 has slightly softer rear springs than the Land Cruiser. The ride will be cushier, but some feel that it sways a little too much.

I wouldn't worry too much about the label (lexus vs. toyota) thing. People seem to be wising up to the fact that there's virtually no difference between the models.

• 1 month later...