Another Door Lock Problem

I have a 2003 RX300 with the driver and right rear doors does not lock remotely. I think it is the door actuator is a problem. Lexus told me the parts are $365 a piece. Does anyone know how to repair the door actuator cheaply compare to Lexus parts?

Many thanks,

Lost Park

• 3 years later...

Hello and glad to be here. I would like or rather "need" guidence on a 2001 GS430. I've read several threads here concerning the actuator / motor , studied wiring diagrams and versed myself on the communication sequence once the lock / unlock command has been given, both with the remote and interior switches. I do not know the entire history of this car as it was a gift two months back for the HS graduate. My confusing issue would be: The remote nor the interior switch at both the driver and passenger positions neither L / UL any of the doors however, when the L/UL selection is made on both the remote and interior switches an audible "clicking" sound inside all four doors can be heard indicating signal and power is being delivered yet no L/UL. The remote will ; operate the trunk, Panic and open all windows and roof when U/L is held down. I've tested the remote battery and is good,"3.2v" and all fuses check out, "all 4 locations". Prior to changing 4 actuator's would someone advise. Thanks in advance.

• 5 years later...

2002 Lexus G430; I cannot lock the drivers door...using the key fob, clicking the inside buttons on the door, by going to the passenger door.  I changed the battery in the fob and replaced the fob case...mechanics have said that I may need an 'actuator' or a door cylinder...............is this true?

Edited by Deeceecee
punctuation