Using Burned Cds

ponsonby

I have a new 2005 Lexus SC430, with factory installed 6-CD player. Is there a risk in using quality CDs burned on my pc with the Nero software?

All my CD's are burned that I have in my changer........never had a problem whatsoever. Use quality CD's & you should be good. B)

:cheers:

I have a new 2005 Lexus SC430, with factory installed 6-CD player. Is there a risk in using quality CDs burned on my pc with the Nero software?

All my CD's are burned that I have in my changer........never had a problem whatsoever. Use quality CD's & you should be good. B)

Thanks. We keep having errors on disks 3-6, and the dealer told us that it is because the player will only accept original CDs. Even the Lexus customer service site said the same, but there is no such warning in any of the operating manuals, and it just seems wrong. Our car may have been used as a demo and we suspect foul play. First new car in over 20 years......

Thanks again.

Thanks. We keep having errors on disks 3-6, and the dealer told us that it is because the player will only accept original CDs. Even the Lexus customer service site said the same, but there is no such warning in any of the operating manuals, and it just seems wrong. Our car may have been used as a demo and we suspect foul play. First new car in over 20 years......

Thanks again.

Are there errors when originals are played ?

I suspect that you either have cheap cd's that the laser is having trouble reading, a scratch on them, or maybe it was created incorrectly "burned as data instead of music". My 11 year old CD changer in my car plays burned cd's flawlessly. I would suspect the problem is with the cd, the method it was burned or even maybe the music itself?? I've noticed that i-tunes music can sometimes be troublesome to burn. Have you tried the cd's in any other cd players, outside of your computer?

Are you using CD-R discs or CD-RW?

my cd player wont even play cd-rw's. it only plays some cd-r's.. it seemed like the crappy ones which only held 650MB read perfectly compared to most 700MB cd's. i think it has something to do with the laser reading the cd, and the cd data being in different cells or some crap i read a long time ago. i dont really know if its right or not. i just got fed up and now i dont even use my cd player. i just use my ipod and a cassette adapter. ;)

My old 12cd changer works but can't read any type of cd's burned or real...Most upsetting, I think I need a new one...Is there a way to clean the lense or fix this problem, the cd loads waits then reads "error" I opened the CD changer and saw it working and shuffling the CD's in and out, but there is no read? Dump and replace or fix?

I have never had any problems with my burned CDs...ever...I use both CD-R and CD-RWs. I also use itunes to burn the cds so i dont see that as an issue. My CDs are 700 mb. i would suggest trying it out with regular CDs or....just jab something sharp inthere and tell lexus to replace it lol, maybe as an extreme case :P

• 3 weeks later...

I would agree my '99 will play either CDR or CR-RW.. HOWEVER, the CD label is ANOTHER matter. You may use a paper adhesive label ONLY on disc withOUT a writing surface. If your CD's have a writable surface then use a Sharpie. The writable surface is textured to allow writing BUT that means the label will not stick as well. In a place where the CD may get warm the labels can come off very soon and that's LETHAL to players.

Regards

• 1 year later...

Thanks again.

I have a new 2006 SC430 and original CD play fine...but burned i-tunes CDs keep skipping and jumping. I've played the i-tunes disks in my older LS400 and they have no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly the same problem, but I have a new to me 2002 Lexus SC430 (16,000 miles). Initially, I had problems loading CD's. Used a Phillips Laser Lens cleaner. Works great now!

• 7 months later...

I had this problem also when I got my sc430. Never had a problem with other cars. The fix was to burn the CDs at a slower rate. I burn at 6x or 8x. Never had a skip with these. A friend of mine had the same problem and this worked for him also. The same can be said for DVD players and burned DVDs. Cheap media can also be a factor.

• 1 year later...