Cel / Track Off Lights Rx300

Laura

On Friday my track off light and CEL lights came on. I was going to take it to the dealer, but after driving it twice, the lights went off. I have read other postings stating this could be the charcoal cannister. The MAS was already replaced about 2 years ago. I have an extended warranty from a 3 party, Warrantech, who covered the sensor, so should I take it into the dealer anyway? I have a the warranty for another year. I have read on here that Autozone will do a diagnostic for free, but if the light is not on anymore, will anything register? Any info is appreciated. I hate to waste money at the dealer!

On Friday my track off light and CEL lights came on. I was going to take it to the dealer, but after driving it twice, the lights went off. I have read other postings stating this could be the charcoal cannister. The MAS was already replaced about 2 years ago. I have an extended warranty from a 3 party, Warrantech, who covered the sensor, so should I take it into the dealer anyway? I have a the warranty for another year. I have read on here that Autozone will do a diagnostic for free, but if the light is not on anymore, will anything register? Any info is appreciated. I hate to waste money at the dealer!

Even though the light is no longer on the code can still be read. It could have been caused by something as simple as the gas cap not being on tight. As long as you still have a year on the warranty and the light is out, I would just wait and see if the light comes back on and go to the dealer if it does.

I have an 03 AWD rx300, and last week the "VSC" and "ABS" lights started to blink for some reason...few hours later they were off!

There wasn't a problem with the car, these lights just startede blinking! I doubt our problems are related, it's just weird how they come on and go off randomly...Maybe the sensors just get stuck or something...i don't know.

good luck. I would take it to the dealer now since it's under warranty... Let them look at it; it can't hurt?

i have a 2000 with similiar behavior, but my CEL stays on all the time. the TRAC OFF light will come on after 10 mins of driving. its funny, i can restart and watch the clock...10 mins...here come the trac off light.

runs fine, i just have not made to autozone yet to pull the code. its a 00 w/91000 miles.

Well, the CEL and Track off lights came on again yesterday. The track off light is no longer on, but the CEL is, so I am going to try to go to an autozone today to have them do the diagnostic. I checked my warranty, and even though I have the deluxe warranty, the charcoal cannister, aka the vacuum cannister, is not covered :cries: Hopefully this is not the problem. However, if it is, at least I have a friend coming to town who is a mechanic who can fix it for me. I am not paying the dealer crazy money to do it. Thanks all for your help!

Autozone pulled P1130. I took the car to the dealer today and found out that is a sensor that I can not for the life of me think of the name for(FAS or AFS, something like that) but, it should be covered under my warranty through Warrantech. The guy at the lexus dealer said the Trac Off light is linked to the CEL light and will flash or come on and go off with the CEL light. I will post an update when I find out the exact name of the sensor.

Autozone pulled P1130. I took the car to the dealer today and found out that is a sensor that I can not for the life of me think of the name for(FAS or AFS, something like that) but, it should be covered under my warranty through Warrantech. The guy at the lexus dealer said the Trac Off light is linked to the CEL light and will flash or come on and go off with the CEL light. I will post an update when I find out the exact name of the sensor.

P1130 is usually Air fuel ratio sensor (also called bank 1 sensor 1). From your guess at the name it sounds like they are going to change the MAF (mass air flow sersor) which is usually an P1170 code. Usually this only needs cleaning. But as long as they are working under warranty let them change as much as they want until code goes away.

Often times extended car warranties require a deductable to be paid first. Mine was $75.00 before my policy expired. I would try cleaning before spending cash. On the other hand, if your deductable is cheap, you could get a new part for less than what it would normally cost. Think about it. If you do clean, be sure to clean the wires that connect the sensor (very gently) and be sure to get inside the tube. Good luck.

OK, here is the low down. The problem is the AF sensor, aka, the air fuel ratio sensor. It's covered under my warranty with Warrantech, so I only have a $50 deductible, which is fine with me. At least I get my car washed. HA!