Car Over Heats

Hey I new to this forum. I just had my 92 ES300 in the shop for a while. The water pump froze up and threw my timing belt off with caused my pistons to be slammed shut. The put in a used enigne 1996 es300 with 60k on it. Then the car over heated, took it back they replaced the radiator, because it was cracked and added a new thermostat. No for the first time since I got my car back, it has been 1 week, the car started to overheat again now. I live in texas and the past week it has been 100. But today my car seemed to have problems does any one have any suggestions for me to tell my mechaninc.

:blushing:

Sam

well the first thing i would say is they should of checked the radiator when they put the new motor in.im guessing that the radiator was part of the problem why your first engine froze up.now since they put a new thermasate and radiator and the car and the engine is still overheating im guessing you could of screwed up the heads.i would take it back to them and see what they think but if its a new radiator and new thermastat then theres only a couple other things that would make it overheat.1 is the fan.2 is the head gasket.have them check the fan first and then see if theres any antifreeze mixed in the oil.good luck!

the 96 all aluminum engine

takes work to fit in a 92 since the 96 is obd 2 compliant

a reason for overheating might be the power steering fluid level

as it runs the cooling fan

also check to see if tehy turn when the car is started

they should be turning all the time

the hoses may be reversed on the rad also

I was told that in the Lexus-should the timing belt be thrown that it would not cause any damage to the engine. This had happen with my former Honda Accord, but it did mess up half the engine. Thats why it was a relief to hear Lexus had been designed like that-or soooo I was told-anyone heard differently?

when the 1MZ-FE became VVTi it also became "interference".

That means when the timing belt goes things get messed up.

I think VVTi came in in 1999.

1MZ-FEs pre-VVTi are "non-interference", meaning when the timing belt goes, the motor just dies and you are dead in the water.

steviej