Full Review On Is350

Lexus IS350

* The car is very powerful - Would be more fun with stick shift.

* Leg room and head room excellent in front AND back.

I am 6'0" and I have lots of space in the front and in the back too.

I am very very comfortable in the back seat and there is more then enough leg room.

* Very smooth ride with a little bit of roughness because of the sporty spirit.

* Engine still hesitate at start (low miles) needs to open up.

* Engine ticks from injectors a little bit, so don't expect a perfectly quiet engine.

* I had a 3 series and this car is faster, more fun featured and nicer looking then the 330i or 330ci

* BMW better at corners (did not love the corner on this car).

* Use steering shifter only on freeway (a little bit rough on street surface).

All together I would rate it 8.5 from 10 Just because of corners and ticking sound.

Any questions?

This is based on a PERSONAL opinion. feel free to write your review as well.

Lexus IS350

* The car is very powerful - Would be more fun with stick shift.

* Leg room and head room excellent in front AND back.

I am 6'0" and I have lots of space in the front and in the back too.

I am very very comfortable in the back seat and there is more then enough leg room.

* Very smooth ride with a little bit of roughness because of the sporty spirit.

* Engine still hesitate at start (low miles) needs to open up.

* Engine ticks from injectors a little bit, so don't expect a perfectly quiet engine.

* I had a 3 series and this car is faster, more fun featured and nicer looking then the 330i or 330ci

* BMW better at corners (did not love the corner on this car).

* Use steering shifter only on freeway (a little bit rough on street surface).

All together I would rate it 8.5 from 10 Just because of corners and ticking sound.

Any questions?

This is based on a PERSONAL opinion. feel free to write your review as well.

My only disagreement would come from the roominess statement. I feel the front has about the right amount of room, since you are 6' and I am 6'2. That would be right on for you. But as for the back seat. I could not for the life of me fit anyone in the back seat if I were sitting in the front with the seat where it was comfortable for me. Otherwise, great review, and enjoy the car, great styling!

Thank you for liking my review.

I would really like more people with IS350 to write their opinions.

P.S.

I guess when you over 6'0" it's getting a little snug but it is acceptable for this size car.

If you are 6'0" or under you'll even decent amount of room in the back for another 6'0" passenger.

Just my 2cents:

Im going to buy a new car in the summer and for a long time i had a hard time determing if i wanted a IS350 or a BMW 3-series. After all the test driving i have done with the the two i have to say :

Lexus IS:

1. A much improved Lexus.

2. Still, too soft for a "sporty" car.

3. Nice Power

4. Crap Turning

5. Shift Paddlers are a joke compared to SMG or Manual.

6. Nice interior along with the toys

7. Sleek design except the taillights, it reminds me of a hyuandi.

8. No stick

9. Lease rates suck as residual value is in the mid 50's.

10. Cannot turn off trac/stability control (aka, bad for the tracks especially since lexus is going against the 3series."

11. Im 6'2, dont like the rear size.

12. Big Side mirrors.

13. Leather along with other few luxury items is standard.

14. Japanese Reliability

15. Better customer-care

Rating: 7/10

BMW 3series:

1. Not a step up or down in from the previous BMW. Rather, a step sideways.

2. Very Sporty Drive, especially with Stickshift and Sport Parkage.

3. Decent power, but needs to be better.

4. Superb turning

5. No SMG, best alternative for the automatic

6. Interior is "ok" but lexus wins this for sure.

7. Sleek design, except the taillights, reminds me of a korean car (hey lexus and BMW have something in common)

8. Great Lease rates.

9. BMW still has a more of a brand image.

10. Insurance is significantly lower on a 3 series than on a IS350.

11. Free 4yr maintance (goes great leases)

12. European Dilvery is one of the best experiences of buying this car.

13. I-drive is a joke.

14. Leather is not standard.

15. German Engineering

Rating: 8/10

Conclusion:

Lexus IS, still feels like a regular sedan where it leans more to luxury then sport.

BMW 3, you do get the "sports sedan" for this vehical.

Suggestions: If you want a comfortable ride, go with the IS, if you want to go with more sports, 3series is the winner. If you are leasing, no question about it, go for the 3series. If you are patient, BMW E92 (3series) coupe is comming in the summer with 300+ hp with a more sleek design (aka which im probably going for).

Wow, great review, thank you.

I agree with everything you say but I have to say that I have both right now and... BMW is better only in curves and BMW wont last as long as Lexus. BMW start giving you problem right after the warranty is over like as they knew when to program the engine to start giving you these problems.

My 330 has valves ticking and loss of power that would cost 1000's to fix.

If you want a car for a long time or to put lots of miles on.... go with Lexus.

If you want to lease, then you're right, BMW is better BUT.... I can't stand how simple they made it!

I need personality in a car and they new BMW just doesn't have it! not inside or out.

So:

Lexus....................BMW

Last longer.............Breaks down after 50,000 miles

NIce in/out.............More simple in/out then before

Bad turns...............Great turns

Fast.......................Slower (not M3)

BUY/LEASE.............LEASE ONLY

My best friend is a GENERAL SALES MANAGER in BMW and he sent me to Lexus. What does that tell you?

I have done a lot of test driving with the 325i manual. The inside ergonomics of the BMW was a little lacking. As stated above the interior of the Lexus is much nicer. I had a lot of trouble shifting in the BMW with the high center console getting in the way of my right elbow. Really annoying. Plus, the iDrive is such a bad design. I wanted NAV in my new car and the BMW version was sadly lacking compared to the Lexus interface and features.

But I am also 6' tall and I find the back seat room in the Lexus very tight. If someone wants to sit behind my drivers seat, they better be less than 5' tall, otherwise they aren't going to have much luck. When driving 4 people in the IS, I have to move my seat way up and scrunch up, so the person in back can sit.

Unlike the previous post I really like the rear tailights of the IS.

The only detail I would like to change in the IS, is a way to disable VDIM. But that isn't a big deal for me. You really have to hang the car out there to get it to significantly interfere with your driving. At least that's my experience.

Wow, great review, thank you.

I agree with everything you say but I have to say that I have both right now and... BMW is better only in curves and BMW wont last as long as Lexus. BMW start giving you problem right after the warranty is over like as they knew when to program the engine to start giving you these problems.

My 330 has valves ticking and loss of power that would cost 1000's to fix.

If you want a car for a long time or to put lots of miles on.... go with Lexus.

If you want to lease, then you're right, BMW is better BUT.... I can't stand how simple they made it!

I need personality in a car and they new BMW just doesn't have it! not inside or out.

So:

Lexus....................BMW

Last longer.............Breaks down after 50,000 miles

NIce in/out.............More simple in/out then before

Bad turns...............Great turns

Fast.......................Slower (not M3)

BUY/LEASE.............LEASE ONLY

My best friend is a GENERAL SALES MANAGER in BMW and he sent me to Lexus. What does that tell you?

Just my 2cents:

Im going to buy a new car in the summer and for a long time i had a hard time determing if i wanted a IS350 or a BMW 3-series. After all the test driving i have done with the the two i have to say :

Lexus IS:

1. A much improved Lexus.

2. Still, too soft for a "sporty" car.

3. Nice Power

4. Crap Turning

5. Shift Paddlers are a joke compared to SMG or Manual.

6. Nice interior along with the toys

7. Sleek design except the taillights, it reminds me of a hyuandi.

8. No stick

10. Cannot turn off trac/stability control (aka, bad for the tracks especially since lexus is going against the 3series."

11. Im 6'2, dont like the rear size.

12. Big Side mirrors.

13. Leather along with other few luxury items is standard.

14. Japanese Reliability

15. Better customer-care

Rating: 7/10

BMW 3series:

1. Not a step up or down in from the previous BMW. Rather, a step sideways.

2. Very Sporty Drive, especially with Stickshift and Sport Parkage.

3. Decent power, but needs to be better.

4. Superb turning

5. No SMG, best alternative for the automatic

6. Interior is "ok" but lexus wins this for sure.

7. Sleek design, except the taillights, reminds me of a korean car (hey lexus and BMW have something in common)

8. Great Lease rates.

9. BMW still has a more of a brand image.

10. Insurance is significantly lower on a 3 series than on a IS350.

11. Free 4yr maintance (goes great leases)

12. European Dilvery is one of the best experiences of buying this car.

13. I-drive is a joke.

14. Leather is not standard.

15. German Engineering

Rating: 8/10

Conclusion:

Lexus IS, still feels like a regular sedan where it leans more to luxury then sport.

BMW 3, you do get the "sports sedan" for this vehical.

Suggestions: If you want a comfortable ride, go with the IS, if you want to go with more sports, 3series is the winner. If you are leasing, no question about it, go for the 3series. If you are patient, BMW E92 (3series) coupe is comming in the summer with 300+ hp with a more sleek design (aka which im probably going for).

dude, you can turn off the stability control on the new IS. Its like a long process, but it still can be done.

Once you get inside this vehicle is when the magic begins.

Push start button which eliminates the use of a key. The concept of never taking keys out of your pocket is convenient.

The quality and feel of the leather seats and steering wheel is euphoric. This alone had me sold. I honestly found myself not wanting to get out of the vehicle.

The DVD Nav and built- in blue tooth are incredible options. I would have never imagined having these types of options several years ago.

The disappointment of the day was the performance. Even though the car boasts 306hp, it did not feel like it, at least to me.

Just my 2cents:

dude, you can turn off the stability control on the new IS. Its like a long process, but it still can be done.

Im aware there is a video game code of some type. I think lexus calls their system VDIM which was not ment to be turned off.

Buying between a Lexus IS and BMW 330 (coupes are soon to be 335i) really comes down to what you want in a car. IS is more luxury and 3series is more sporty. 3series cannot beat lexus in the interior and nav and lexus cannot beat the 3series on road feel.

I agree that BMW has some reliability issues. We own a 2000 BMW 740iL, and we have encountered few problems that costed us $$$. With a BMW id advice to sell it after 5years and buy another one (or lease it and end of the lease, get another one). With the IS, you are better off buying since lexus generally have good rate plans to buy. Leasing is not recommended for lexus in my opinion. Less then 20% of people lease lexus and about 40% people lease BMW. There is a reason for that.

Yeah, I know about the pedal & parking brake dance. But come on, who's going to do that everytime you start the car?

I have a button for the trac control (on/off)

I don't know why someone would want to turn off VDIM every time they start the car, or very often at all. Takes all of about two seconds to do it anyway. Right foot tap tap, left foot tap tap. Then let her rip. Have you tried it with your IS350?

Quick questions

Did someone already break in the car?

Do you still have hesitation when you press the pedal?

Does it feel already like the HP it should have?

Thanks

Never had any hesitation. Got 3300 miles now. Been on a couple of trips. Don't know what you mean by "feel", but you can zip up to 100 MPH or so and not realize you're already going that fast. (IS350)

Just went out and did some donuts in an empty parking lot with the VDIM turned off. She'll continue till you let off the gas or straighten up the steering wheel.

Nice reviews. For the record, here's mine:

http://www.epinions.com/content_220405993092

great review. Best one I have read, and I have read about 40 reviews. I live in N.Y. but you sound exactly like me. Late thirties, successful, looking to have some fun.

Do you have any pros and cons or a review of your own on the IS newlexown?

Here's a Comparison Test between the 2006 BMW 330i vs. 2006 Lexus IS 350...

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/...21/pageNumber=3

Bottom line, they're both good cars with their own pros and cons....boils down to personal preference. I went with the IS 350 with no serious complaints...yet...:whistles:

newlexown traded in my infinit g35 sedan for the IS350 two weeks in, waiting period I was told is 4 to six weeks. I loved my G35, I bought it when it first came out in 2003. Got a little bored in 2006 and was going to buy the 330. However, after doing some research and taking a lexus test drive, I went for the 350. Spent $41,000 and got the car fully loaded. The 3 series would have been close to 45,000. Money wasn't the only issue. I like fast and Lexus will blow the doors off the 3 series and G35, so what could be bad? So maybe the handling is not as good as those cars, but I drive on the highway most of the time and I am sure the car handles good enough for me. Interior on Lexus was far nicer than BMW and far nicer than G35. As far as looks go, when I saw the IS 350 in person it looked great. I can't tell if the exterior styling will hold up but I like the looks. I got the car in black on black. Any comments? :chairshot: :chairshot: