Sc400 Traction Light

bccdbc

Noticed the TRACTION light came on while drivng at Hiway speed. stared car next morning no light, drove a mile or so light came on. Pattern seem to repeat it self.

Noticed that light comes on when a 'bump' in the road is encountered.

Pullled fuse for 4 days(traction light on entire time), reinserted, same problem.

Any/All ideas appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

I have exact same problem, same car. I have noticed that the traction control does not work, so in my case at least the light is providing a real indication of a problem. When first starting out, I can hear a light, repetitive grinding noise coming from under the hood which I believe to be the TRAC system trying to start up - after about 10 cycles, the noise stops then the TRAC light comes on. The car runs fine and on dry pavement, I notice no issues. However, I get very poor traction accelleration out of turns on wet pavement.

Suggested fixes, short of going to the dealer?

Thanks

Sometimes when your rear brake pads are low or your rotors are too thin, it'll set off the sensor. I had my traction light coming on and then I replaced the rear pads and rotors (which are super cheap by the way) and the light went off never to return.

• 1 month later...

TRAC light is constantly lit on my 92 SC400; if there is any easy fix, please post.

I have the same problem with my 95 SC300. Have tried many fixes over the last 3 years....nothing seems to work for very long. If I immediately spin the wheels (engage the trac system) shortly after startup....before it shuts down, sometimes it will remail "fixed" for a few days.